For sale: men's Dutch Gazelle bike - ?75

PeterW

For sale, a very practical, pretty well-used (hence the price tag) men's everyday bike. Quite a high crossbar, so would suit someone from 5' 9'' or so upwards.

It's a Gazelle Orange C7, a Dutch brand, with seven hub gears, a rack, basket and full chain case (apart from a tiny bit of that missing - see pics), even a through-the-wheel built-in lock. I bought it second hand, used it a lot for a couple of years, and it's then been in a garage for 18 months. But it's in full working order, and the tyres are pretty new (and puncture proof ? they're Schwalbe Marathon Plus). Front V-brake and rear drum brake. It has a built-in front dynamo light, which needs a new bulb, and a battery LED rear light. It's heavy but surprisingly nippy, and very practical, and more or less maintenance-free. Perfect for riding around in everyday clothes. The photos show the attachmwents for a child seat, which I'll remove before sale.

Sold for a fairly cheap price as a/ it's by no means new b/ it rides fine, but as it's been in storage you might want to give it a bike shop service at some point.

In Denmark Hill SE5.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Latest Discussions

• @Chickis this your area of expertise? 
    • We have bees nesting in our chimney, which is currently being repaired by builders who aren't bee enthusiasts... any beekeepers out there with any suggestions re what to do? Can they be moved?
    • I can thoroughly recommend Aria. He came at very short notice to carry out urgent repairs on a leaking pipe, did an excellent job and his was extremely patient and polite. I wouldn't hesitate to turn to him again. 
    • I have had two separate incidents of moped drivers deliberately crashing into our car which I believe is part of a wider insurance scam. From what I can gather, they target female drivers who are alone or with kids in high value vehicles (of which I was one). On both occasions for me this involved a moped driver signalling to me to cross a junction and when I pulled away driving deliberately and at speed into the car. Then Jumping up and immediately taking photographs and videos of the car. I’m expecting a bogus insurance claim to follow. i’m posting this in part for awareness and also out of interest to see if it’s happening to other people. One of my friends has also been targeted in a similar way.   If this does happen, please report it to the police and your insurance company. Unfortunately, the police haven’t pursued, my cases and to be honest it doesn’t matter as no one was hurt and there was minimal damage, but this is dangerous practice and the more people that report it the more likely it is the action will be taken.   Has anybody witnessed this or had a similar thing happened to them? 
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In