No longer ' East Dulwich ' Forum?

Dulwich Born And Bred

Anyone else noticed that East Dulwich Forum has an increased amount of posters from areas out of Dulwich?

I get excited about purchasing an item or going for a job only to find out the item or job is in Beckenham/Brixton/Clapham/Honor Oak etc not so easy to get to without a car . I like using this forum as I am naturally assuming everything is local and walking distance .

I think we should get ell posters to attend Dulwich library with proof of their identity and address in Dulwich, anyone who doesn't live within the boundaries of Dulwich will be denied membership of EDF. I jest of course but pah! I like it just being Dulwich related !

You could see this another way though DulwichBandB.

Slowly but surely - postcode by postcode - and then city by city - East Dulwich is stealthily, but effectively - becoming the very centre of the known world.

Soon we'll have people in Shanghai advertising their secondhand sofas and farmers in Brazil wondering if anyone has a particular sized spanner that they'd like to borrow to mend their tractor - in exchange for a home brewed bottle of wine.

Will not everyone - everywhere - soon be claiming residence of SE22? I think so.........and perhaps it will make the world a better place.

I'm no longer technically Dulwich - after living there for 8 years, we've slunk off to Sydenham where we could actually afford a house. But I still buy and sell regularly on the EDF as it's such a brilliant forum - the Sydenham one isn't half as lively and doesn't offer the same quality of stuff. But I do always try and offer to deliver within the ED area rather than let Dulwich-ites rough it out here in the badlands collecting my goodies!

I sold a phone a year or so ago, and when the person who bought it contacted me regarding collection he asked where East Dulwich was! He came to collect it (eventually) and had travelled for 2 hours to get here.

I guess the ED Forum pops up pretty high in Google searches these days which is part of the reason. And also that we are brilliant ;-)

I do think it would be helpful if people selling things who don't live in ED said in their thread where they live.

I was interested in something until I found out I would have to go to Surrey Quays to see it :))