EAST DULWICH FORUM APP - how long can we wait?

hernehillisabel

Don't understand what you are asking.

Are you requesting making an appointment for a Surgery?

If so we would have to know who are listed there.

This would show who attends often and might be a bit invasive on your private life.

If an appointment list was made how could it be linked or enforced.

Requesting an app for smart phones and tablets - I use my iPhone to view site and I always have to zoom in and it's annoying - I don't think it would leave anyone out just make it easier to use and post for people who are on the go rather than computer/ laptop access

I think it should be accessible for both?

Just seeing what people thought, and yes not everyone knows what an app is but most people do - I just think site is easy on a computer or laptop and maybe more difficult on mobile/ tablet?

Interesting to see arguments for and against

Even if it was technically feasibile to build iOS and Android front ends, the development cost would surely be in the tens of thousands. Not to mention ongoing maintenence/support.

But if you're offering your own skills or money, then I'm sure admin would be glad to hear from you.

I think I did back of fag packet sums of development costs vs likely sales.

They didn't add up, it would need to be a labour of love, not to mention the dubious T&Cs of App store etc.

An android app might be more feasible but it would still need to be a labour of love.

A HTML5 designed with mobile in mind would probbly be the easiest, but as already mentioned phorum doesn't have a decent API so a bespoke one would need to be written.

Bottom line, not going to happen.

By the looks of things that's a plugin on existing functionality, serving up a different look when it detects that it's a mobile version of a browser or mobile os. Can't see the gubbins as work blocked, but probably mostly CSS differences and maybe some custom javascript stuff.

Not exactly a native app, but as I said making it look better on a mobile browser would be a much more effective way forward, as it's only barely usable on a phone, especially scrolling around the text box on a long post and finding the damn post/preview buttons.

Over to you admin

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings Beloved One,My name is Mrs. Natasha Abdul, widow to late Dr. Abdul A. Osman, former owner of Petroleum & Gas Company, here in Kuwait. I am 76years old, suffering from long time Cancer of the breast. From all indications my condition is really deteriorating and it?s quite obvious that I won't live more than 3 months according to my doctors.Reply to my email for more discussion ([email protected]) or ([email protected])

Thanks,

Mrs. NATASHA ABDUL