New section for childcare?

natalieljackson

Hi admin,

I have been using the forum for a few years now and it's very helpful, but I wonder whether it might be worth starting a new section for childcare needs/ ads.

Whenever I post something for sale in the family classifieds it is pushed down very quickly by all the childcare related posts, and also when I've been looking for childcare a dedicated section would have been useful.

Thanks for listening,

Natalie

• Administrator

Hi

Thanks for your suggestion, it has been mentioned before but I don't think it's a solution to create a whole new section for childcare. I'll have a look at the childcare offerers(?) and if they're repeat posters breaking the rules I'll ban them. If not I'll keep an eye on it and see what I can come up with, I maybe wrong at the moment and a childcare section would work, who knows.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to voice support for natalieljackson's post. I think a separate section just for babysitters, childminders and nannies would be a real help: both for people wanting childcare AND the people who want to buy and sell kiddie stuff and have to wade through a million nanny posts.

Also wanted to tell you - Administrator - that I think this site is awesome and that you're doing an amazing job for creating a sense of community in this area. It makes me feel really differently about this area and gives me a great way to get the lowdown on what's going on locally, helping me to connect. And, as a sustainability consultant, I am delighted to see so many people sharing, recycling and giving unwanted things away! Well done you.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I agree that a childcare section would be great. Especially for those times when you're in an emergency and need to find help quickly without scrolling through pages or missing someone who could help because you don't have the right search term to get them.