Quote this message

Huguenot

I do reckon the 'quote message' option is at best redundant and at worst abused.

It's not great to look at, and tends to hold-up the flow of a thread. At worst it tends to be used by people methodically, pedantically (and occassionally personally) attacking a particular post, rather than the spirit of the debate.

When posting is thriving, it's easy to start your post with .. 'Good point, xxx' or 'XXX, on mentioning...' which achieves the same thing without making the unappealing stuff so easy to execute.

What do peeps think?

In the past, I've replied to a point without quoting, and by the time I'd finished, and posted the message, at least 2 other posts had been added in between, and it was unclear what the hell I was on about... For that reason I think it's useful.

I do however agree that it can be used for personal attacks, which is obviously not very nice.

Huguenot Wrote:

> When posting is thriving, it's easy to start your

> post with .. 'Good point, xxx' or 'XXX, on

Because you might not specify which particular point XXX may have made, and it might be some posts back, or even on a differnt post.

I vote to keep it.

• 13 years later...
Witches were the most character of my childhood. I think every child has listened to the story of a witch and a fairy by cheap assignment help source. Parents who want to entertain their kids used to tell me these types of stories that have no link to reality.