Commercial research recruitment in the Lounge

????

These aren't academic researchers they are commercial companies or freelancers who get paid for this - the one whose constantly using the forum doesn't even have the decency to go in the right section. (and I suspect they aren't local anyway). can't they get a ban?

Um, I guess that's why my posts got deleted, I was trying to figure it out. Genuinely didn't realise I was doing the wrong thing, sorry! (And hello quids, we've actually met before in person at a poker game, but no hard feelings). I am indeed a freelancer, and getting paid for it (and a fairly long time forum member under a different name), but not sure I understand why this is bad? If it makes a difference, I do this for museums or educational organisations, not giant corporates looking to find better ways to flog you stuff.

But mainly I just need lots of people to respond, and last time I got a great (and friendly) response from this forum and others, and people are usually quite happy to be interviewed afterwards and compensated for their time so I thought this was a good place to post. Of course I won't post again if it's against forum rules, I wouldn't have done so if I'd realised. Would be great if someone could explain why it is though, and which section I should have posted in. Thanks! Would rather you didn't ban me, though, ta.

Oh, just seen bit in terms of use about "Abuse of this site for commercial gain" which I guess you feel this would come under. Genuine apologies if it's seen this way, I'm not making any extra money for people who do the survey, I get paid either way to do the research, so didn't really think of it in those terms.

The other one is on here a lot so it was more aimed at him/her than you...and you are local so I'm sure admin won't mind if you're in the right bit. Plus you don't think online poker's rigged which is good in my book!

Nothing personal