CloudFlare

edhistory

• Administrator

First thing to say is that it's nothing to worry about, I installed Cloudflare about three weeks ago and it's safe. It's a 'barrier' to the forum that prevents dodgy robots/spammers accessing the site but I believe it's still just learning what's good and bad right now and so there may be the odd screen like that appearing.

Let me know if it continues to happen and is a problem and I'll see if I can adjust it.

• Administrator

It's more a question of what your PC is doing to it. There's something about your PC that means it has to to go through some hoops. I'll see if I can add you to the safe IP list.

As for lonely bots, I think that's just way beyond the realm of forum technology to get involved with.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm getting this orange CloudFlare/Captcha message, too, it started last Saturday. Found it a bit worrying, so I'm slightly relieved it seems it's not just me. When I click back on the EDF on my shortcuts bar it goes away, but reappears next time I visit, or sometimes pops up again in the same session if I'm on the forum a while. Sometimes the message says 'You're nearly there', though I've been careful not to click anywhere in the Cloudflare window.

I'm using Safari on a Mac. It's not happening at work, where we have a pc using Google Chrome.