New version of the forum coming - please test it for us...
The forum's over nine years old now, and it's time to upgrade the software, in fact we're going to change to new software. This will cause problems and we apologise in advance but with the change comes additional benefits. Some of the known problems will be:
- During the switch over the forum will be offline for a few days, probably in October, maybe sooner, maybe later it depends on how this test goes.
- Private messages will not be carried over however we'll keep the old forum open so you can access them.
- The layout will be different and a bit confusing initially, for example the profile, register and login buttons will be in different places.
- Your password cannot be copied over, so you will receive an email telling you what your new password will be.
- The design will still be a bit rubbish however we have more flex to change it.
- You'll have to get used to new icons instead of text links, e.g. the quote this message will change to a " icon
Some of the benefits
- The site will work a lot better on mobile, when we first started mobile use was less than 1%, now it's over 50%
- It will be more future proof, we have been limited by the current software's constraints.
- There are new features, like adding users to be 'friends' or 'foes', so login and have a look around your profile to find out more.
We don't have team of technical developers and we'll make changes gradually, so first of all we're going to run a test version of the site. We'd be grateful if you could have a look around so please go there have have a look and test it. Is anything broken? Can you post a message? Are things as expected? Do you get any errors?
The test forum is a snapshot of the site from August but please let us have feedback either here on better still on the test forum.
On the test site, you will have to go through the forgotten password process to get your login
. When the site goes live properly you'll get an email telling you of your new password.
Any new messages will be overwritten when it goes live properly so don't use the test version as a replacement for the real thing just yet.
The test version of the new site: www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/testforum
Remember to get your new password sent to you from here
Your help is greatly appreciated
Mark & the EDF Team