Ask Admin

Mogs

I have a query from a friend who has recently tried to join the forum.

Hernehiller - would like to join the forum, but is still waiting confirmation of the set up. He applied 2 weeks ago.

Could you look into this as he seems think it's because he's from Herne Hill area, which I'm sure isn't the case, and he would like to change from a lurker to a poster

• Administrator

Tell 'em I ain't got no problem with peeps from Herne Hill

User: hernehiller Status: Pending confirmation Confirmation email sent: 12/06/2007 04:30PM

They need to click on the link in the email sent by us to approve their account. Let me know if there is still a problem and I will reset their account, best to send an email to me using the link at the bottom of the page so I can deal with them directly.

Regards

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

click the 'attach a file' above the posting text box and upload your photo (make sure it's below 614kb, so resize it if it's not.

Then if you want to also display it, once it's loaded, go to your post, click on the attachment and view the picture.

Copy the full address in the address bar http://eastdulwichforum/something.jpg

then go back and edit your post and click the insert image url button, copying in said full address.

This should do the trick.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't seem to post on the emenies of reason thread. I've just written a post, but when I click on Post Message nothing happened. I've tried a few times and refreshed in between, but it hasn't appeared. Will it come up three times in a minute?

Is this the earths energy working against me?

• Administrator

Taken from our Help& FAQs page:

0.5) My message will not post, after pressing the post message button I just see my message again

Yes, this is weird one and we're working on it. If you message has the words special-ised, special-ist, special-ism in it (without the hyphens) then it gets rejected so please replace that word with something else, perhaps expert or expertise.

let me know if you still can't post after that

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...