Harris Academy thread frozen?

Muttley

I've attempted twice to put a comment on the Harris thread this evening, and both times it failed to Post. Managed to post on another thread. What's going on, is that thread frozen?

And another curiosity: when I do a search of the word definAtely (an old favourite of mine) there are 74 returns. When I search for the word 'definitely', which I know for a fact appears at least in a couple of threads, the Search reveals zero returns. Something odd happening with the Search feature methinks.

Muttley

Certain words are filtered by the site software (for spam reasons)

In the past "speci-ial-ist" or similar without the hyphens has caused problems because the word includes a certain spam-prominant drug

Does your post contain any sequence of letters which might constitute a "bad word"

* My Harris post was just a normal comment, I can't remember the exact wording but when I pressed 'Post message' it just didn't take. I tried from two different computers. Bizarre. I see there have been a couple of posts since by others. I'll try again later.

* The word definitely appears in two or three posts, can't remember exactly which ones but certainly a couple of my posts in recent months (plus the one above) had it. But try it yourself: do a 'Search' of the entire forum for the word definitely, and I assume that you will, like me, find zero returns. This seems, again, to be some curious technical problem with the site. Nothing to do with grammar or spelling.

Hi

I think it is the word special-ised (without the -), we're looking in to it but no luck so far, we think it's a 3rd party plugin that's causing the problem and the support for it isn't as good as the actual forum software.

not about the "definitely" search problem, we'll keep an eye on it

Thanks for letting us know and sorry for the inconvenience

Mark

I've been racking my brains, and just realised that my Harris post did indeed include the word special*st, because I commented that the school is supposed to be special*sing in sport. Good detective work, chaps.

• 3 months later...

Mark

Might it be possible to make the dubious word checking a little less senstive.

So rather than looking for a "rudeword" anywhere in the text it requires the word to be a complete word. In regexp speak this would be "\brudeword\b".

You could then sell this to set up the S****horpe Forum :-)