Networking features for forum?

nutty

This forum is all well and good (actually I think it's very good) but seems to be becoming quite a networking site (i.e. members using threads to chat about random stuff). It could do with building in networking features.

As an example I knocked up a quick one on "ning" which can be seen here. Not suggesting we use this but what does everyone think of the general idea?

http://eastdulwich.ning.com/

wasn't touting ning per se (only just came across it) - just wondered if any users would want functionality such as

- being able to post piccies to photo areas

- blogs

- online chat and profile

- networky/accumulate friends tosh

apart from "- blogs - online chat" of which there is a plethora of stuff out there, I think this forum pretty much fulfils the rest doesn't it? Particularly for the last, where it's a bit more like meeting nice people down the local, than networky things like MySpace (yeech), in fact I've noticed a myspacey invasion of flickr (my other addiction) recently.

Hm, yes. I think I'd vote no most of those. It does seem fine as it is to me too.

Mockney - do you mean all those awful group-tarting icons people put in comments? Or is it some other horror I've yet to come across?

Yes, the egomaniacal group award things are pretty ugly and annoying, the barney rubble pez group is at once a pastiche of these and ridiculously annoying. I was more referring to young'uns getting on flickr and randomly adding hundreds of people as contacts in some sort of bid to get as many friends as possible, and invading discussion groups with things like "can you all look at my photos and affirm me and love me?" or "Who hear loves the Kaiser Chiefs?".

grrrrr

As it goes I believe flickr's terms of use actually preclude anyone under the age of 16 (could even be 18).

Does the forum have any limitations? Doesn't seem to be anything specific on the TOU, but never spotted anyone on here who smacks of being a young'un (unless they're an eloquent young'un).

• 4 years later...
Hello,My name is Stephen Young i am a local landscape gardener.I have 15 years experience designing and building gardens.my services include paving,block paving,decking,brickwork,turfing and water features.give me a call or send me an email,i will provide a free quote.07985622836.thank you.

• 2 years later...