spotify advice please!

tiddles

Edited to say sorted = my ipod is too old fashioned! It needed to be one you can download the spotify app to.

At least I can stop messing about with something that isn't going to work. Many thanks for all the advice people.

sorry if wrong section.

I have a spotify premium account, and am trying to copy a playlist to my ipod (which I should be able to do with the premium account) however when I try to copy the one playlist I want, it says I have to buy 70 tracks. Surely the whole point of spotify is that you don't have to buy all the tracks, as with itunes. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

many thanks

hi yes I am a subscriber and it says you can download to an ipod!! I need a nerdy teenager who knows how these things work. I have tried wading through the community forums which are useless (well for a middle aged technical dunce they are)

thanks

spotify works by streaming the music, an ipod needs to physically have the media on the hard/flash drive.

I'm not really a spotify user but I guess the download to ipod means you purchase the mp3 in order to own it rather than the usual streaming.

you can subscribe to a straeming service monthly with millions of tracks and then download that as your own owned content via Itunes legally? don't sound likely at all it's not much of a business model for either Spotify or Itunes!

On a sort of related note, did the itunes match thing and though it took a while to upload and match my tracks I'm pretty impressed with it no worries on my music and all my compressed MP3s upgraded. Only issue I have is that it does download your selections or playlist back onto your ipad(if you are using that, so that's not really streaming) so you then have toi delete these or they sit there, but that's not the case through your PC/TV or Airplay enabled speakers.

I did the google play thing, it took 5 24hr days to upload my mp3s, sadly it wont upload lossless, which means every time I get a new album I have to rip it twice which is a bit annoying.

The iTunes match thing sounds more sensible.

It is useful at work for when I forget my ipod though.

• 7 years later...