Glastonbury: Day of Doom

*Bob*

Dear Bob,

I would love to understand the matter to which you are referring... Have you been trying to buy tickets to the mud festival of the year? I do hope not.

There is nothing that could possibly entice me along to listen to music in a venue that provided chemical toilets for its patrons! The music that young people listen to these days has no harmony or melody.

But if Take That were playing, well, that would be an entirely different matter.

Do they have a corporate entertaining area per chance?

D-Mum,

Yes indeed.. Tickets for the MudFest went on sale at 9am prompt this morning. Increased security since 2005 means The Good Ole Days of driving down (without a ticket) and paying a Liverpudlian a tenner for the use of his ladder are over. And getting a ticket is something of an internet lottery, alas.

You should try it.. with your hybrid car eco-credentials you'd be well-in there.

Dear Mr Bob,

Have they announced who is playing there this year? I could only consider it if Gary Barlow was there in his rubber trousers. I love the video of Take That's current track, Gary looks so chunkey in his flat fronted trousers! He is such a cuddley guy, and a super dad.

And even if Gary was there, it would have to be dry weather - mud free, and a flushing toilet!

honestly DM,

praise of take that and an overt lack of understanding with regards to the greatest music festival on earth, is surely not a becoming attitude for an east-dulwicher?!

the more mud, the better - thats what I say!!!!

you couldnt wear your UGG boots though, they would get well and truly ruined.....

Scuttling from Stage A to Stage B (programme in hand) trying to catch a bit of Band C before band D starts on Stage E does not make for a good festival. I tend to avoid the large stages (apart from one or two must-sees).. most of the real fun is to be found elsewhere.

Dear Dream_saturdaygirl,

Now Wellingtons - just try to make them trendy! It will never happen.

Really, to replace ones Uggs or not, now there is a real debate, surely desserving of a thread in itself! You see I think that whole Kate Moss thing is so pasee. She is just a tramp with a drugee boygfiend in tow!

Do Uggs really look good or not?

I think corporate tickets are in order, or really, only if Gary will be there.

Have you seen the cover of The Style Supplement this Sunday? OHMYGOD!!!!

No fun ever, with only a chemical toilet??? - am I showing my age?

No no, thrice no