Re: Glastonbury: Day of Doom

Keef

Tillie keep trying, they tend to release tickets in blocks, so there may be more. Also, by tomorrow some tickets will be back on sale for those poor gits whose credit cards wouldn't cover the price! I thought I'd missed out on Reading and was very gutted as all my mates managed to get tickets! However, I had a speculative look the following day, and sure enough got a pair of tickets :-)

Tillie

There will be some more going on sale on 22nd April (check the date and time on Glastonbury website) - all those people with declined debit cards, duplicate purchases, etc etc.

Also, if you opt for the 'coach and Glasto' package, you probably stand a much higher chance: thare were 25,000 of those guaranteed, and most people don't want the coach.

Louisiana

If that is motivation for your teenager to leave home, it may indeed be a good thing. My neighbours teenager has not gotten out of bed since leaving Dulwich College last summer. He will not even open the front door to the dog walker.

Teenagers of today, they get too much if you ask me!

How old does Max have to be before I can get him a paper round or send him up a chimney?

And Tillie, for future years, why not recommend that they apply to be an Oxfam volunteer at the festival (this one or the many others that Oxfam works with)? Too late for this year for Glasto, but this kills so many birds with one stone, viz

- introduces them to the concept of work

- makes money for the charity (which gets around ?200 per volunteer)

- often allows them to work with their friends (same shifts)

- means you don't have to pay for a ticket for them, or for transport, and they get fed and have *exclusive* volunteer facilities (ha!)

- they are out of your hair

and so on. Why not suggest, indeed, that they apply to volunteer at a different festival? (Some still open for volunteer applications this year e.g. Glade.) You know it makes sense!

Louisiana

Sounds like a very good idea Lou and very grateful that you have thought about my predicament...unfortunately, like most teenagers, she wouldnt dream of getting her hands dirty. This would have been her 3rd year at Glasto already and like most of us she is fully into the laid backness that is Glasto. Will defo be trying again on the 22nd.