E D-ites 'abroad' this easter.

Nero

I am v far removed from SE22. I'm in SK3 ,in fact. Time on my hands and a computer in front of them, so here I am. Is anyone else not at home this holiday weekend? Or I am v sad logging in to EDF while oop north? Nero

Dear Nero,

Where pray is SK3?

It seems I am all alone in Dulwich - everyone else has left for holidays far away. There were no ques in any of the shops on Lordship Lane this afternoon, I had William Rose all to myself this afternoon - unheard of!

DM

Dulwichmum

At least 10 people asked me today if business was quiet in my store . It just was so busy today and yesterday even though its a bank hol weekend.You must have been shopping around 12.30 when things did go quiet???Or maybe people just were desperate to stock up on what we sell. :))

Dear DM,

SK3 is Edgeley, Stockport, home of Stockport County. Stockport is a charming little market town on the banks of the River Mersey, or at least that's what I told my O-level French examiner. A bientot! Nero

Dear Dulwichmum

Do you think it wise that I expose my whereabouts to thousands of these lovely residents?.I would be a sitting duck. I just dont think we could cope with all the free advertising and extra custom it would bring. Could bring the house down. To give you another clue, we sell necesities not just luxuries. You probably even know me already, oh well the beauty of anonymity.

kind regards.

K

Dear Nero,

You make Stockport sound delightful, I shall consider it a future holiday destination. Mr Karter, I am intriged (did I spell that properly?), mmm necesities, that would mean that you work in Moo too. Are you Pat or Maggie then? Or perhaps you are the lovely dark haired lady who served me in Dr Boo earlier on? She did make me laugh...

Dear Dulwichmum

I am neither but I am competitor to parkhill properties . I am favourouble to smaller retailers, I lease to them but work in too but no way as big .I love this area and try to retain the mix. Maggie and Pat know me so do many others.

Oh well you could not guess right, never mind,

happy easter

love K

Hard at work gardening, cycling and boozing in ED this weekend. There was a fairly length Q outside W Rose around 1.30 today, as we wizzed past on the way to grotty garden centre to get some heavy duty gloves. And the traffic was fairly heavy on the way back too.

Louisiana

Just back from Antwerp. Nice weather, great muscles and frites and lovely beers in the Ood Arsenaal pub - met a charming Yorkie couple and their Flemish friends. OD'd on the Flemish masters and spent yesterday afternoon strolling around Antwerp zoo.

Got back this afternoon and bumped into Mr and Mrs Georgia Bullock over the salads at Sainsbos.

Just watching the telly - bad news of General Gordon in Khartoum I fear.

I went to South West France en vacance and so lovely it was that I sat by the pool and am now rather tanned. It was a weekend of fine wine and fine food - so much so that I have returned to work rather spaced from the experience. My french did dramatically improve though after imbibing the red of the region!

Dear Mr/Ms Nero

Have you read Pies and Prejudice by Stuart Maconie? I've always found him a bit annoying but book a great nostalgia trip for us northeners. I've just got back from sunny Normandy (so full of goat's cheese I can hardly breathe) where I should by rights have been reading Flaubert but was taken on a rosy tinted tour of Lancashire and Yorkshire- fabulous holiday read. Made me want to pick up a Wainwright and go trotting off up to the Lakes.......