karter and DM play guess who

dulwichmum

Dear Dulwichmum

How would Maggie know who Karter is? ( I love her shop)

By the way, when shopping on saturday did you drive a dark volvo car? Or maybe thats just someone that looks like you?Or do you use a 4x4 when shopping on LL?

I guess we will all found out who is who at the fair on the green ar at the meet at the cpt, for those who dont already know each other . :))

Mark , I would volunteer my shop for collecting the money as noone else has come forward but surely there must be another easier way?

K

Dear Karter,

I just thought because you knew Maggie she might know who you are if I asked her who Karter was? Maggie is a good friend of mine.

Which shop should I drop my money into then Mr Karter?

I drove my new light blue Prius on Saturday, I like to drive my super Audi Q7 in town - because of the space I need to accommodate my shopping! It is navy blue.

On Saturday I was wearing white jeans, ballet pumps and a powder blue Stella McCartney box jacket. I was naturally carrying my enormous handbag.

Come on Mr Karter - where art thou?

DM

Dear Dulwichmum

Im not really sure if we have seen each other then on Saturday yet am i prepared to say where I am on this rather exposed method of communicating. Yes I know the Maggie you are talking about. All a rather related business.;-) Which shops did you frequent on Saturday in East Dulwich then? What makes you think i am a Mr Karter? Just becuase I like to play chess? When will you be shopping next on LL or Northcross Road :))

K

Dear Karter,

I am sorry, I just have this image of someone with the name Karter driving a mini-cooper and looking like a young Michael Caine - why is that I wonder? I have an active imagination!

I am usually on Lordship Lane every Saturday. I always go to the same shops. I collect my work wardrobe dry cleaning from the lovely guys next door to the post office. I pop into Moo Too (I am a complete Alessi junkie), and Mrs Robinson (nick nacks and clothes), Soup Dragon (presents for afternoon birthday parties), The Cheese Block and SMBS (general nose bag), Dr Boo and Ed. I have been into William Rose rather a lot over the past few weeks, and have bought occasional treats from the fish shop, although I have been a customer of Soper's on Evelina Road for years. That was my trip last Saturday, and actually probably every forthcoming Saturday too.

Dear dulwichmum

thats sad that after so many years you will not be using sopers on evelina road. Their reputation is strong though and am sure will stand.

I am no mini cooper driver no do i look any thing like a caine.I personally use dry cleaners near roundabout as they deliver when needed and are so nice. ( Ask for Marseille new owner).What do you do with your work wardrobe if I may ask? Mrs Robinson has a great stock range but will not go into it too much.What do you buy from Ed and Dr boo on a weekly basis may I ask?

k

Dear Karter,

Please, no you mis-understand me. I still use Sopers for my weekly fish shopping, but Moxams only for a browse or random treats! I will continue to buy from my regular favourites.

My work wardrobe is mostly dry clean only - so I am always at the dry cleaners! I like looking around Dr Boo and Ed, but seldom buy anything. Are you female then?

DM

Dear dulwichmum

Im glad that sopers will still have your custom. What is it about Dr boo and Eds that you like may i ask? for feedback. You ask if i am female, i may be a hunky mediteraenean hombre or a female chic. what would you imagine i am?

K

Dear Karter,

You have me there, I am confused now. I just always imagined you to be male, but now I don't know. It is purely based on your name. My girl chums on the forum all have girl type names.

But then, I am a 6ft 2ins retired brickie from Penge in reality, so I suppose, we can all give any impression we like?

I like the upmarket make-up in Dr Boo - it is like a little piece of Space NK in East Dulwich - with some nice little blouses and dodgey footwear in the back. I like Ed because I know the owner, and she is a nice lady, and I like to stay in touch with what she is up to. I also really like Cath Kidston, which Ed stocks, but I make most of my purchases of that from The Dulwich Trader by my house. Box Fresh and Camper are not really my kind of thing. I go into those shops just to while away 20 minutes or so, rather than going home to the children who would want me to join them on the trampoline. I am too old a mother for all of that! You know I was 39 late last year afterall!

Dear Dulwichmum

My name here is in code, just like many others on here but relevant to me.;-)

Will you be going to the meeting or the fair?

It is very obvious that you are not a 6ft2 (you may be?) retired brickie from penge ( nothing wrong with Penge) .I doubt the owners of mootoo and Ed/Trader would entertain you the way they do if you were that brickie.What about madcow in West Dulwich,do you make purchases from there?

Well, as you seem to be lost now,you may park outside my store on a Saturday some day in your prius or q7 and If I think its you I will step out and say "Do you post".;-) If i get an estranged look by the poor mother then I know it will not be you,hopefully she will just direct me down to the post office . Dulwichmumblog seems not to have a photo anymore. Is that so people do not recognize you on the street?:))I imagine that you look far younger than the 39 that you mention, trampolining is fun and keeps the years off.

K

sorry to interrupt, I had to get the Administrator to split this thread as the 'Forum at the fair' one should have been in the main ED issues section.

Karter thanks for your offer, I may take you up on that but I am looking at other options. thanks again

Mark, thanks for splitting us :)) ....keef thanks for seperating us :))

I am the great karter, not batdog in disguise :)) totally different kettle of fish ( that wasnt a clue dulwichmum) That said, who am I? Man or woman? Or could i be the infamous green worm that lives under Lordship Lane? :))

Hey Keef,

Nothing to do with this Karter, I will never dream of asking D-Mum if she is driving such an ordinary car like a volvo, I know she's not because she is not an "ordinary" person..... (tu)

Karter might be a spy from the "East" or a reclusive "south american" wealthy landowner just visiting some relatives here in London.

No relations with me (tu)

Keef, do not feel unnerved, it was simply an observation made as a small group of us were passing and decided to go for a drink.

Batdog, sir, you are correct on every count. Indeed I am a reclusive spy embedded deep in the heart of East Dulwich and ready for reactivation. Not sure how DM made a link between us though. This whole thread really needs unraveling.

K

Mark

I am not a Kart-er or an unstoppable sex machine ( I think), naughty did you check my email adress out?

Dulwichmum has me to a disadvantage because I am a sitting duck but she guesses well and is homing in.

could I be the fishmonger?

:))