Mon petit chou on Lordship Lane is changing

karter

Did you know that Mon petit chou (53 lordship Lane, across from Somerfields)is now open in the evenings until 10 pm?. It has a new kitchen serving pasta and lasagna and also serves alcohol too. How lovely. I was in last night and the lasagna was gorgeous, made by my friend the chef who is an authentic Italian chef from Puglia. :)-D

>>my friend the chef who is an authentic Italian chef from Puglia<<

Now if he only he could be persuaded to bake some genuine Pugliese sourdough loaves, such as EDD used to sell before they started their own bakery.....mmmmm

Oh dear I've never been inside MPC, nor Inside 72. I've always thought they looked a bit 'naff'. Don't ask me to explain. So what's it like inside Inside 72? as far as MPC I will have to go in and have a butchers. It all depends on whether they serve a mean expresso. That's the clincher.

Inside 72 is really nice, I've always thought it had the feel of a little european bar, but maybe that's just me... Music is usually good, steak sandwiches are great, if a little bit expensive. Only problem really is that it's so small, and gets uncomfortably busy at weekends. a quieter night in the week is well worth popping in for though!

I've only over been to Inside 72 once - late on a busy Saturday night. As you might expect, it wasn't the best experience. It did also seem a little expensive, but I might be persuaded to give it another go on a quieter night.

agree and disagree - it's more like a sanitised version of a shoreditch bar. i mean this in a good way, it's sanitised of the worst excesses of shoreditch, but keeps the good bits: really good music (although usually too loud) and good decor. i don't go there all that often but i would be sad to see it disappear, it adds to the variety of the bar scene in ED. Also they serve Brooklyn Lager and Samuel Adams, two good American lagers (such a thing does exist, honest!) that are hard to find.

I was in there today in fact, with my babies and au pair for chocolate milk shakes and cappacino. We popped in following our trip to Stella B on North Cross Road, to buy the children and au pair some Crocs to wear while gadding about in the park this summer.

Crocs are large functional plastic therapeutic looking shoes. I will make Ana look unattractive if it is the last thing I do! Now I simply have to convince her that a boiler suit is a good look, and I am sure my battle is nearly won!

Yes I bought her an enormous chocolate milk shake too, and I gave her bread and butter pudding and ice cream tonight after supper. Were you the tall athletic looking short haired man serving the drinks?

DM

Dear Dulwichmum

are you referring to me? I do not work in a cafe. I am way further up the ladder . What are you thinking? You should keep this to our thread on guess who. Pity though. Had I known you were there would have treated you all to the chefs tiramisu special.

K

DulwichMum, you sound as though you have a lovely life, with kiddies and Ana in tow. I bet your house reflects your good taste in Crocs.

About the au pair. Sack her and get a rougher model! Don't employe eye candy to look after your young'uns, whatever were you thinking. I'd get a right battleaxe instead. Then you will look loevly next to her.