20 minutes in the life of Lordship Lane at 13.45

ben

Just nipped out to gather a few items for a spot of lunch and the following observations were made on my journey from the Crystal Palace Road end of LL down to the roundabout and back again

Noticed seven 4 wheel buggies, one 3 wheel buggy, 4 pregnant ladies, 5 drivers on their mobiles while driving, shop signage at Somerfield being taken down, launderette next to the Magdala getting a new lick of paint.

The shopkeepers in G&B, Healthmatters and the Cheese Block were all very friendly.

Weather was mild with a hint of rain.

I don't think clarence comes round my way. Probably not posh enough for him to prance about. We're over run with cats but this was something else. I mean it really gets on my t*&s! It's almost like the owner plans it...'come on Rover, that's it, just here, bit to the left, line it up with their front path, Bingo! Fire!'

Polly D Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm envious of your afternoon Ben; the view from

> my office window is very wet and dull - I bet the

> sun is shining in ED eh?! What did you have for

> lunch? Have you tried the organic scotch eggs from

> G&B? Yum

Dear Polly,

A small ciabatta from the Cheese Block, a little Serrano ham from G&B, some Beaufort Cheese from EDD and a tomato from Sainsburys! I was going to eat it in the garden but it had started raining by the time I'd assembled it all.

Not tried the G&B Scotch eggs but I noticed a nice little tartlet thing that I may try tomorrow.

Whoops! Even more envious now Ben. Let us know about the tartlet tomorrow.

See what you did there with 'slice of ED life' MP - did you buy it from the deli? Is it home time? Goes into nearly home-time mode. can I be quiet-roomed?

I'll be dropping into the optician tomorrow, so will definitely check out the G&B scotch eggs :)

I wonder if there's such a thing as a healthy pork pie :-S

(I've been on lunchtime salads all week - trying to get the tum under control ready for the imminent Great Highland & Island Bike Ride)

Louisiana

1.35pm. Weather - warm. Down LL across NCR and up CPR.

14 - 4 wheel buggies [5 parked outside Blue Mountain]

1 - 3 wheeled buggy

4 drivers on mobile phones

The launderette now has a new windowledge and Somerfield has lost some tiles.

Anyone know what the green shop next to the Hairdressing suppliers on CPR used to be? Seem a similar vintage to the one next to the butchers