Thank God its Friday

TillieTrotter

Happy Birthday Raj! Birthday drinks for a gal pal tonight and ... gardening for the rest ... oh dear.

Fear I might be a no-show on Sunday guys 'cos I've got a heavy and important day on Monday. I like to think I could attend and partake in the quiz on soft drinks but I do know myself ... can I decide at the last moment?

I'm down in the wilds of Kent this weekend and this morning I have the mother of all hangovers after a heavy session with the good ladies of Benenden. Unfortunately I'm on lawn mowing duty in a minute, then I'm getting my kit off and hopefully get a bit of a suntan. Ooooh! Am dreading the thought going back to the office on Monday. Work is the curse of the drinking classes. Have a great weekend everyone.

Ironically Mockney I had a friend DOWN from Hitchin yesterday - 3 of us ended up in 72 for far too many cold drinks and then a DVD/chat session until 4:30am

Watched Pans Labyrinth this morning (aces) and as friend had to get back to hitchin, decided 63 bust to Kings X was best bet so had one in the garden of the Herne by the 63 bus stop. That turned out to be 4...

87% certain I'll be at quiz tomorrow - I too have a big work day on Monday but feel it is my civic duty to "be" "there" for my forum compadres.

Nice. Pan's Labyrinth is a top top film.

Yes, Hitchin looking good (better than letchworth). Ironically i ended up drinking in a hugely gentrified Three Moorhens. No fights, no darts, no people being dragged across the carpark under a car, just family oriented niceness.

Snorky wouod be proud.

Christ on a bike, I watched Pans Labyrinth on Friday night, I loved it but I was mortified at the violence!! I mean when that mans face got concaved by the officer with the bottle?! I see blood and guts alot but even I had to turn away. I was expecting something sweet and magical along the lines of.......that film with Ewan McGregor playing the younger version of (is it Michael Gambon?) and it had Helena Bonham-Carter in it. Whatever that one's called. Something something Fish?

What's the name of that pub in Hitchin with a side bar called The John Peel bar or something...

Haylehaye - you mean Big Fish? I normally allow Tim Burton plenty of leeway but was disappointed with that one:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0319061/

Have to agree with the violence in PL - I was expecting something more than average fantasy fare but holy moly. he had it coming tho in fairness...

Should we consider changing this thread name in light of the fact we are all suffering and depressed on account of the fact it's not Friday?

Are people quizzing tonight? (see Magdala quiz thread)

Yes PL is pretty brutal. One of our number had to leave the cinema for 5 minutes during the torture scene.

Definitely worth a watch though, especially as many of my kin were on the losing side in the war, and alot of them fled to South America to avoid character like the capitan.

Not sure Sean, I haven't been a hitchin regular for many a long year, but It could be the Red Hart which was quite a muso pub.