First Dates

numbers

Anyone else watching this programme? I love it and not just because my lovely friend is on it every week.

Cannot believe the behaviour of some people on their first date.. tonight a guy was constantly checking his phone and talking about going back to work after their lunch date. Then he insisted she answer first when they were asked if they wanted to see one other again. Despite his behaviour, she said 'yes def' and then he said 'no'. What an arse!

Someone the previous week used a calculator to work out the bill, after he'd ordered jaeger bombs but didn't fancy paying for them!

By the second time that guy checked his phone, I would have got up and walked out. On a date, phone goes out of site. Nothing says, "I have better things to be doing" than being on the phone for any reason whatsoever while in someone else's company. Total twat!

She is also a really poor judge of character not to have sussed which way he was going to decide. He clearly wants a Friend With Benefits, not a date to commit to.

ha *Bob* yes I see what you mean, lets hope they don't go down that road.

Jimi - yes she shouldn't have put up with that, it was so rude of him. She seemed really lovely.

quids - some of the people on the dates were talking about tinder so guess you can do both.

Social media must make it awful and I don't just mean the dating/sex app thing but profiles on Facebook et al. means people know loads about people before knowing them. I presume Facebook et al are a problem for the playaaaas too?

I love First Dates, the staff are the icing on the cake as I love watching. The interest they have in the couples & their little asides.

The dates leave me with either a feeling warm glow of what early dates with Mr Buggie

felt like, or really, really glad that I'm well out of the dating game!

I love the staff too buggie, like hearing what they have to say about the couples. Fred Siriex is just great!

Agree I feel a warm glow when the dates go well, it is heart-warming to see but a tiny bit of me enjoys the sheer horror when they don't and it makes uncomfortable viewing.

not usually a fan of "celebrity" versions as I don't know any of them usually, watched it on Monday and was glad anthea turner gave the brush off to that ghastly city bore superglued to his mobile.

• 3 years later...

Seabag Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> cella Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > He very often says he lives in Peckham and Ive

> > seen him twice on the train getting off.

>

> Getting off?..who with?

Getting off?..On what?

Seabag Wrote:

> cella Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > He very often says he lives in Peckham and Ive

> > seen him twice on the train getting off.

>

> Getting off?..who with?

Definitely more Nunhead than Peckham - I've been to his house before for a party.

cella Wrote:

> I doubt he'd go to the lengths of actually getting off at PR and then

> walk to Nunhead!

I'm not sure where the boundary of Nunhead lies (and I hasten to add I've certainly never seen "first dates"), but Nunhead green is a pretty easy walk from PR station - along Philip Walk or Scylla Rd - and Peckham Rye is approximately 5 times more useful than Nunhead station!