Empty Shops Under Offer - Any Ideas

TJS

All, noticed duting my lunch time vewing of the propoerty websites that a number of commecial premises on LL & GV have gone under offer, such as the old barbers on GV near the roundabout, the anterior trading shop on northcross road and the Fone.m8 shop 77 LL. Anyone know anymore about possible businesses to fill them? http://www.ukpropertyshop.co.uk/estate-agents/hindwoods-hunter-payne-2462.shtml

not another blasted salon! ED is now so over-salonned that I'm beginning to wonder if it's known for being peopled by mingers in need of so much beauty treatment. Have i missed something? I think we should be told!

(why oh why can't we have a knicker shop? I want to be able to kit out the family with underwear without having to take out a mortgage - perhaps that's another side effect of this 'gentrification'... half of us have been priced out of the knicker market. can't afford a local house, can't afford local knickers: what on earth is life coming to?):'(

primark knickers (whoops, just typed knockers) are so cheap that they fall apart in 2 weeks. AND it means fighting one's way around peckham (and just why *are* peckham shop assistants so rude?). and i like to have *nice* knickers (just in case i'm knocked off my bike and carted off to hospital), but not at the going ED rate of ?50 a pair (or however much they are in DB).

ooh i'm a grumpy cow this morning, you can tell i haven't had my organic rhubarb bruschetta and fairtrade Somalian skinny latte yet... must dash

now there's an idea!(tu) perhaps we could have an EDF annual knicker cruise to France (probably end up on a bone-rattling old biddy bus being decamped to buy our knickers in the french equivalent of primark, and it wouldn't be very glamourous at all - i fear it may be easier to cycle round to M&S up the walworth road) ALternatively, we could perhaps do one of these recycling events (like the CRISP and Sthk council one)... and have a 'bring your unwanted posh knickers' event. Any glamourous dulwich ladies got any fancy knickers they don't wear?