Arsenal Supporters in East Dulwich?

Ladygooner

Lady G

Bit of an odd one this for me as since I got the HD box I tend to watch games at home (and enjoy scaring people as I do so - I am not a quiet watcher!)

But I sometimes prefer the IDEA of watching in the pub but the selection at the moment isn't all that great

EDT - the screen needs sorting - hurts my eyes

Mag - better screen but somtimes I feel as if I'm the only one watching

Castle - I used to go there for teh Champion#s League games ONDigital - ah memories... but again no atmosphere for Arsenal games (Celtic or Ireland games are another story!)

Plough - ok just kidding with that one

CPT - actually I used to like going there for football sometimes

In any case I'm in Devon for the Chelsea game this weekend - soz

CPT is pretty good so long as you get there in time to get a spot, as it can get very busy for football.... But, if you're in to the game, it's a good atmosphere! I shall be there tomorrow preying that Liverpool can overturn Chelsea's lead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, I'm pretty sure Shambles is a Gooner.....

Cheers Sean... Not overly confident, but it's not impossible, the reds are at homem, and we've been here before.... We just need a "goal that wasn't" so Jose can moan for another couple of years!

Ratty, I laughed towards the end of the Carling Cup Final, when some "Johnny come lately" Chelsea fan was being rather loud and annoying, only for a much bigger and scarier looking Arsenal fan to shout at him "Where were you when you were sh!t?".... The guy soon shut up ;-)

I'm in Devon also this weekend - but taking a 4 hour journey back up to town on Sunday to bait Ashley Cole in person!

Hope Great Western perform better than when taking me to Cardiff for Carling Cup - missed the first half and Theo's first goal for Arsenal!

Well I for one am a johnny come lately West Ham fan having only been a a hammer for 33 years tsk tsk, who would want to miss out on all the excitement eh?

No doubt JCL fans have three wheeled buggies and Chelsea Tractors too?

Ladygooner, shambles is indeed another ladygooner who goes to the Emirates, so I'm sure she'll have an easily twistable arm for pub footie.

EDT is best for the big games, but as Sean points out they REALLY need to sort out that screen.

CPT is best if it's not such a big game (read any west ham game) as you can actually find a spot to view the screen without a tall bloke/pillar/wall in the way. Though I'll never forget the England Denmark game there with 3 rows of people peering in throught the windows, and we all had always said that Heskey's great, honest.

Mag is ok if it's not too busy, it just doesn't seem set up right to watch sport as it only takes 8 people in the pub to have taken up every half decent angle on the many screens. Ganley's was ok but has obviously shut now and would anyway switch over form premiership action to Clare vs Kilkenny in the Hurling.

A fine picture indeed, but doesn't too much for the reputation of girls who follow the sport!;-)

I recently moved to ED and before we had sky sports installed, watched a few games in the Magdala. Is the Castle any good for football? I thought it was a "local pub for local people" so have stayed away. Although I am a local now, I wasn't too sure how the regulars would feel about a girl proping up the bar watching football....

I don't think it needs to be taken that seriousely if you realy want to prove yourself then explain the off side rule or something.....gosh i'm such a disapointment :-$

I really don't think i have spoilt the reputation as you say of females liking sport, chill bill!

I usually watch the footy in the Mag or the EDT and on some occasions the CPT and I think it's great that more of the ladies are getting into our glorious game. My niece is Liverpool daft and I myself (sorry to disappoint the Lady Gooners on this thread) am a life long supporter of Tottenham Hotspur. Yeah! "Come on you Spurs">:D