Starbucks in ED Sainsburys

katietatie

DM, I have news. I wandered into ED Sainsburys this evening and on the way in is an advert on the wall, advertising for Starbucks staff. Now, there's no promise that the aforementioned Starbucks would be in Sainsburys, but surely they wouldn't advertise locally for a branch far away....?

yep it's true the site plans have been updated and where it used to say "cafe" it now says "starbucks". And when I stand looking through the windows in the hoarding with the small boy who is obsessed by builders I can't help but think that the section with the floor to ceiling windows MUST be the place for a skinny latte and a bun. Think the new store is looking very lovely.

Dear Katgod,

Hurrah! I will look forward to it. I know I have gone on about Starbucks a huge amount on here, but it was a terrific place for new mums (and even not so new mums) to have a nice cuppa while the children were occupied. The usual cafeteria style supermarket coffee shops are very uncomfortable places to sit with tiny people.

DM

It's been there longer than five years .. it turned up there some time in 2000 if I remember correctly, but was definitely there in early 2001.

Hello everyone, this is my first post here. I live in Derby now, but lived in Glengarry Road from 1995 to 2002. I still miss East Dulwich.

James

Dear all,

hope the new Starbucks employ some cleaners - they obviously never bothered with the old one. I used to enjoy a Double-Fat-Frothy-Coffee-Whatever whenever doing the weekly shop - but i would never dare look down at the floor!

citizen

Ant Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Perhaps we need an EDF coffee morning to balance

> out all the boozing that's usually done when we

> get together.

Yeah but what if we all hated each other when we weren't drunk and "feeling the love"? I mean, Fear n' boozin / Crystal is one of my best friends, but we never meet when we're sober cos we hate each other ;-)