Cleaner Called Sandra

JnClaude

I post a thread on here on the 26/02/16 only to have it deleted from the forum.

I asked if anyone knew a cleaner called Sandra, English lady who drives a VW Polo and leaves in Bermondsey.

I hired her in later 2015. When I interviewed her I asked specific questions about who will be cleaning. I made it clear if she was hiring someone else to do the cleaning I would not be interested in hiring her. She assured me she would be the one doing the cleaning with the help of someone. It turned out she did not do the cleaning but hired two polish girls to do the cleaning.

Sandra was hired for 5 weeks but was present only on the first day of the trial clean. The other 4 days she made excuses why she was not able to attend. It prompted me to question the girl because of Sandra?s absence and the fact the girl did not look at all happy or interested in cleaning. Plus my instructions were not adhered too.

On questioning the girl she informed me Sandra never did the cleaning. She was paid ?15 per house and she had to do 5 houses per day. We paid Sandra ?10.00 per hour to do 4 hours of cleaning one day per week.

I felt the girls were being exploited. I spoke to Sandra but she was not very open to discuss the situation. I asked Sandra to confirm that the girls were being paid the London hourly rate if we were to continue hiring her to do the cleaning. She was not willing to do so so we fired her.

I recently transferred in error ?70.00 to Sandra?s account on the 10/02/16, I have asked her several times to transfer the money back to me but she has not done so. I felt it was important to share this with the forum because Sandra was recommended through the Forum.

We meant to post something at the time but never got round to it. We also had Sandra come round to do a deep clean following some building works in December. Again Sandra turned up on the first day with a lady who spoke no English. My husband who was in at the time noted that the Polish lady was doing all the work whilst Sandra was on her phone. The second time only the Polish lady turned up and she spoke not a word of English and we suspected that she was unlikely to be receiving anywhere near the full amount of money from Sandra. This made us feel uncomfortable.

As such we would not recommend using Sandra.

JnClaude Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I recently transferred in error ?70.00 to Sandra?s

> account on the 10/02/16, I have asked her several

> times to transfer the money back to me but she has

> not done so. I felt it was important to share this

> with the forum because Sandra was recommended

> through the Forum.

The banks do have a code for dealing with this kind of thing, and it seems to have become a bit more favourable recently. See for example http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/send-money-wrong-account. You could also find her bank branch from the sort code, using http://www.fasterpayments.org.uk/consumers/sort-code-checker, if for any reason you wanted to write to her c/o her bank.

Umhh is this a polic matter?

Fraud? Seems to me that this goes beyond a civil contractual issue.

I had a similar experience with a very well known local builder. The project manager was English but spent all the time on the phone as he was going through a divorce. The Latvian builders were fine but complained that the person being paid twice as much was not doing what he shoud be doing. Needless to say mistakes were made and I wont be using this very well know builder again. There was some rectification but not satisfactory.

Breaking my rules on going off at a tangent so please stick to my first two lines!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

JnClaude Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I have not heard back from Sandra. The mobile

> number I have for her is 07913955780. I would

> appreciate it if anyone have a different number or

> email address for her or postal address.

That is the number I used and organised cleaning with her.

Oh how I WISH I had searched her name on here before getting her to do our cleaning. She had responded to a post I put on here and I just booked her. Silly me.

I had originally booked her for domestic cleaning but later told her I needed a post build heavier clean. After explaining all that I needed done, she said she didn't have time to do all of the work.

I then asked if she could still come for the 3 hours anyway and just clean the new extension upstairs, to which she agreed and explained she cleans with someone else so it's 1.5 hours but double the man power.

She arrived with 2 other young ladies. She spoke in English to them but they weren't English themselves.

I showed her what I needed done. The rooms were unfurnished and needed wiping down, floors cleaned, bathrooms cleaned and all cupboards wiped down. There was dust from the decorating but it was manageable with wiping down. She then went on to say this wasn't regular cleaning and she never charges ?10/hour for what I was asking but that they would get on with it anyway. However I had made it clear to her previously what I had wanted done in terms of cleaning the extension.

She said she wasn't going to clean because she had hurt her back and that's why she had 2 girls with her. I asked them to clean the windows if there was time left. But she said there wouldn't be time.

They finished after one hour and when I questioned what they were going to do for the remaining half an hour, Sandra told me it's ?15 per hour for the sort of cleaning they've done and there was 3 of them doing it! (Thought you had a bad back?!)

I argued that it was clear what was required from Them when I booked her and that she never mentioned a higher cost for cleaning after the builders. But she wouldn't back down.

My baby was starting to cry in his bouncer and I didn't want to get into an argument in my home. So just gave her the money and they left.

There's still dust in all of the rooms and in the corners. The floor was moped over very quickly and not really cleaned. The bathroom tiles are still dusty too.

So I'm not sure what ?15 per hour rate covers?!!

I've been completely ripped off and as people say, the girls didn't look too happy either.

More fool me for not checking up properly.

I had a similar experince in Wiltshire a couple of years ago. The lady came round to view the job, which I talked through in great detail to which she nodded but took no written notes. We agreed a price per hour.

She turned-up next day with a Polish (as was she) woman who spoke NO English and took her through the house to show (I thought) what needed to be done. The house had just been renovated and decorated and was fairly clean actually.

The lady worked hard but the hoover she'd brought did not work, she asked if she could use a broom instead via sign language, I signed back that a vaccum is better for carpets.

2hrs later the lady's partner turned-up with a replacement vacuum, which did not work either, after another 2 hrs he returned with another vacuum which sort of worked (I think he'd taken one of the machines away and had a go at fixing it). After a full day the cleaner was about to pack up to leave (be collected by the lady) and I asked/signed if she'd please clean the kitchen worktops and scullery but she replied/signed that wasn't part of the job. Obviously I'd originally asked for this but there was no way of having the debate without the manager lady there.

When they added up the bill they included the hours waiting for a hoover which I was amazed at and I didn't have enough cash on me for the ananticipated final total - the lady said she'd send her husband round that evening to collect the balance and I said it'd have to be tomorrow to which she got proper contrary.

Next day the dude turns up and I told him I wasn't paying the balance becuase I'd been messed about, he threatened me and I called a mate out of the house who was visiting and invited the dude into the garden. He gave some (I assume) insults and buggered off. Total nightmare - couldn't have invented it.

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

Just following up here as we have had a very poor experience with Sandra where she has refused to return our keys and claims she has lost them after we said no longer needed her services. Does anyone have her surname or details of her business? My wife is seven months pregnant and it is causing us much distress along with potential expense at having to get locks replaced etc.

Thanks