8m didn't vote: if you don't like the result PLEASE sign this petition

Lucyalexandra

In this country some 8m people didn't vote. The victory was by a slim margin. If you didn't want this result, please sign this petition and share it far and wide.

Those who don't want Brexit must keep sharing. Since yesterday it has reached 3m but ideally we need it to get to above 17m... so we can't let it run out of steam overnight and into early next week.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

If you're on any email lists, please share, share, share... thanks.

I don't like the result any more than you do, but imagine if Remain had won 52/48 and Farage had demanded another referendum 'because 8 million didn't vote'. He'd have been laughed out of town. (And by the way, do we know that all 3 million who have signed up were eligible to vote in the referendum? I'm sure lots of 15 year olds are signing the petition, along with Canadians, Americans, Dutch....)

If 15 year olds are signing the petition I can only encourage more of them to. They're the ones who'll have to live longest with a decision predominantly made by people who'll live with it for no time at all. Was ever such a calamitous blow dealt by so few to so many.

Hi Lucy. Thank you for sharing this link. I'm happy to say I'm one of the people who's already signed.

Please note Tuesday afternoon/evening (1700-2000) there will be a 'Stay' demonstration in Trafalgar Square. I believe the details are available on Facebook.

For anyone interested there are long and well-informed discussions in the 'Lounge' around this issue. I need not repeat here the views expressed by so many people there.

Look, the brexits won. Do you not realise how you're coming across? Its like "how dare anyone disagree with my point of view..." Get used to the fact. No matter how many petitions are signed nothing will change.

It's not meaningless, unless you assume that everyone who has signed up to it is a fake signatory. It's an expression of frustration and upset at the position that those who voted Remain find themselves in - particularly given what now seems to be backtracking on key Leave promises/statements made in the campaign. The idea now put forward that the best outcome for us is a Norway solution (pay into budget like we do now, accept free movement of goods, service and people like we have now, but have no say at the table and lose all our current vetos [including the right not to have to pay into future bail outs]) defies credibility in my view.

However, I agree with what has been said above - whatever your position - the outcome of the Referendum was clear and that's what we have to work with. Democracy in action.

Every member of the electorate had the same opportunity to vote. At 72% turnout, the result is significantly more democratic than our last several elections. I'm violently opposed to Leave, I think it's crazy and this country will be significantly worse off over the long term, but I stand by the outcome.

Siduhe why do you stand by the decision if you believe it will make the country worse? Democracy as we have it is actually that we vote for Mps to make such decisions on our behalf. That is the type of democracy we have to avoid such mess. Germany for example bans referendums as they see them as the work of manipulators and dictators. And if you believe what the masses want should prevail, then surely you think the masses should be asked regularly-and certainly at least having two goes at such a massive decision is more democratic than getting 1 go?

Because the day I start substituting my own personal view for the belief of the entire electorate (and accepting the idea that the views of the minority overcome the days of the majority) is the day I give up on the idea of a democracy. I may not like what the government of this country do, or my local politicians or my MEPs but every 4 years or so I get to exercise my democratic right to express my views. That's the social compact and I'll stand by it.