Forum Sponsors

www.facebook.com/dulwichecogardening

https://www.andreavladovaphotography.co.uk/

Your Local Personal Trainer

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
messageOccupational Stress and Gambling Study
Posted by kharusi 05 August, 2016 11:45

Dear all,
I would love to invite you to participate in our study that aims to examine the effect occupational stress has on gambling behaviours. I really appreciate all your help in completing this short study. It should take approximately 6 minutes to complete. Your participation is crucial to our understanding of how occupational stress affect us. Please click on the link below complete the survey:

[www.surveymonkey.co.uk]

Thank you very much for all your help

messageRe: Occupational Stress and Gambling Study
Posted by aerie 05 August, 2016 23:13

What are the odds there is nothing in this for me? except stressing over it, life's a gamble

Posted by Robert Poste's Child 05 August, 2016 23:26

kharusi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dear all,
> I would love to invite you to participate in our
> study that aims to examine the effect occupational
> stress has on gambling behaviours. I really
> appreciate all your help in completing this short
> study. It should take approximately 6 minutes to
> complete. Your participation is crucial to our
> understanding of how occupational stress affect
> us. Please click on the link below complete the
> survey:
>
> [www.surveymonkey.co.uk]
>
> Thank you very much for all your help

It would be useful - and probably attract more helpful responses - if you could give some more background and context, for example:

- what is your real name?

- who do you work for (hopefully not William Hill) / is it part of an academic thesis / industry research etc.

- how will you use the results exactly?

- are all responses anonymous?

Posted by 11 August, 2016 12:40

I've done it and i like gambling; it's clearly anonymous and looks very academic.

It has a sampling issue in that it's entirely aimed at Problem gamblers and then looks to correlate this problem with how they feel at work; given that many of us gamblers are both happy at work and not problem gamblers it's mainly a waste of sample Although I guess it would maybe support, show a correlation between happiness at work and non-gambling problem gamblers?

With the exception of an academic in Nottingham (name slips me)who does some really interesting stuff, most academic gambling research is entirely driven and framed around "Addiction and problem" this is all very well and useful but misses a whole bunch of other and interesting stuff around non-problem gamblers (the majority) why people gamble; how; fallacies of gambling etc

Posted by Seabag 11 August, 2016 14:53

Is doing 6 on the lottery about twice a month (then forgetting to check your numbers) considered gambling?

I do have splurges where I play on a Wednesday or a roll over

Never thought that might be related to my work pressures, I'll keep an eye on that

Posted by numbers 11 August, 2016 20:17

I like the two penny machines at amusement arcades but I don't think this affects my work.

The high experienced from winning a toy (that you could have bought cheaper at pound store) is pretty good.

Posted by uncleglen July 04, 12:36PM

since our late MP Tessa Jowell massively increased the opportunities for gambling in the UK there has been a massive rise in problem gambling....most problem gamblers have probably not admitted it to themselves yet- their poor families have to pick up the pieces....

Posted by JohnL July 04, 01:05PM

As a youngster I put money in pub fruit machines and usually lost.

One habit I managed to completely kick and the better for it.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum