Rubbish names of bands you've played in

*Bob*

You're 16. You've got a guitar. You mate's got a bass. Get thingy on drums and wotsit on vocals and bingo! Fame and fortune awaits!

But wait - you need a name. Something... really cool. Something you won't look back on 15 years later and scream "WHAT WERE WE THINKING?!"

Some come on. Out with them. I'm sure Keef must have a few crackers 'in the closet' - and there must be more ex-rock stars (now accountants) out there.

For my part, I can 'fess-up to:

THE SEDUCTIVE TREES

HOT SAX

THE JUST ASYLUM (massive cringe)

.. and on behalf of a friend of mine, the fantastic "SHOW OF HANDS" (I love this one)

I once more-or-less sort-of formed a band with my brother and the girl next door. It was so short-lived that it never even had a name. There was one song, though, and if I remember correctly it was called Crystal Tears.

Oh dear...

show of hands is actually quite good.

I was in

Corduroy Gorge

makes me cringe just to write it.

mu husband used to be in

Several Lounge

which is actually a quite appropriate description of this forum.

I still cant beleive there was an actual indie band called 'dogs die in hot cars'. the worst band name ever I think.

ho ho. emphasis on the kinda.

rude only to those on the hunt for euphemisms.

nothing against the music of ddihc. just the name.

also think that 'get cape wear cape fly' is truly a bad name. music ok tho. i digress however as these are real bands

Right, here goes....

First band was called "Breed" initially which I didn't think was too bad... However, for some reason that changed to "GRIND!!!" which is awful...... We then started tripping quite often, and settled on "Inner Vision" :-$

Probably the worst ever was the band I sang in when I was in 6th form.... They'd already named it when I joined, so I take no responsibility for this, but I was lead singer of Purple Platypus!!!!!!! I didn't even know what a bloody platyus was at the time!

Straw People was an acoustic rock duo..... what was that about?!?!?!?!?!?

There have been others, but the most recent was DTA (again not my idea). I liked the sound of that, but hated the inevitable question "what does it stand for?".... DON'T TRUST ANYONE! Rock!!!!!!

I used to opt for Don't TELL anyone.... Much better B)

Wahey - talking my kind of language!

First Band was called Full Fruntal (I was on bass) and we were anarcho punk (a bit like Crass). From this I moved to the more cultured Identity Element (rhythm guitare and drums) (who had a first imaginary album entitled Iambic Pentameters, but who did actually record the magnificent "I've got a new pair of tortoiseshell wayfarers!

After this I was in The Uncle Keith Experience who recorded two songs, namely, Uncle Keith and His Cuddly Dildo and Uncle Keith and his Brand New Pal.

From this I moved to "The Trousers" (back on bass guitar and vocals). Famed for such musical endeavours as "Did you 'Eck as Like", "F*ck Someone Famous", "Handsome" and "Languid Hours".

A small cameo in The Captain Pugwash Experience (keyboards) saw me actually winning Portsmouth's battle of the bands, before bowing out to massed aclaim at my last big gig at Havant and Waterloovile FC Social Club on Vocals, Keyboards and Guitar believe it or not; with "Portsmouth Posse".

Since then, apart from a lone one man gig at St Mungo's Hostel - Cromwell Road I have pretty much hung up my plectrum!

despite my suspicions that ratty maybe a *ahem* supporter of that other club, I rather liked the idea of the Captn Pugwash Experience. And Corduroy George, obviously. Though they never exsisted. Keef. Want to start a band (just so I can join the thread....)?

i used to play banjo/vocals in a trad irish group in a pub in the village of warringstown in county armagh called the village inn....hence we were known as "the village people". and before you ask yes there was the odd builder there and the cops only came in after closing.no injuns mind.