Positive Shout Outs

Jah Lush

Sometimes I feel there is far too much negativity in the majority of threads on this forum. People are forever moaning and groaning and slagging off this that and the other, so here's one where you can give credit where it is due and do feel free to join in.

My first shout out goes to the consistently marvellous EDT. A really lovely local boozer that I have frequented for well over 30 years where there is a fine selection of very reasonably priced ales and wine etc etc and always a great vibe within its walls. The staff, I feel are all absolutely lovely and deserve a big pat on the back for their hard work and all round general loveliness.

It's possible, you may gather I had quite a splendid afternoon in there today and you'd be quite correct in deducing so.

Anyway, do feel free to give thanks and praise and credit where it is due. It's nice to be nice.

Mick Mac Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> How's the head Jah? I saw you supping outside the

> EDT yesterday, and as I'm on a dry November was

> rather jealous.

A little sore. Thanks for asking. You could have said hello. I'd just gone two weeks without a drop. Had several pints of Adnams Ghost Ship and several large glasses of Merlot. Which was nice. ;-)

I was in the car, stopped in traffic just past the roundabout otherwise would have done. I have also done just over two dry weeks so far, and will do a few more days, finishing later this week. Than full steam ahead to Christmas.

Good thread - hope people stay on positive only comments for this one.

Jah Lush Wrote:

> Sometimes I feel there is far too much negativity

> in the majority of threads on this forum. People

> are forever moaning and groaning and slagging off

> this that and the other, so here's one where you

> can give credit where it is due and do feel free

> to join in.

I LOVE this! And your post reminded me of this fine tune.

Anyway, I think our local bus drivers deserve a positive shout out. I never cease to be touched when bus drivers spot and wait for that passenger risking life and limb as if in a life and death situation for THAT bus. I am also greatly moved at how the bus driver's humanness (?) manifests itself when a struggling elderly passenger or other vulnerable person wants to get off/on the bus. I am in awe of their seemingly never-ending patience as they monitor stressed out parents competing for and negotiating the limited wheelchair/buggy space. Most of all, I am utterly amazed at how many of them still manage to smile when I board their bus despite a lot of crap from some of the public. I am really grateful to them, and they have saved my bacon on many an occasion. So here's to our local bus drivers!

Nice one LD. I'm always thanking the drivers on the P13 (a service I use regularly) on alighting. It always feels good to get a wave and a smile back.

I'd like to highlight the wonderful resource we have at Dulwich Library. A library I re-joined a few years ago when I was on the dole. Considering what's been happening in our neighbouring borough we're lucky to have it.

http://defendthe10-lambeth.org.uk/

Another big positive shout for the library - don't have Sky/Netflix etc. so this week am binge-watching season 6 of GOT on dvd for ?2.50 thanks to them - also often grab a book from their displays, usually something I would not have gone looking for but can grab on (the slightest of) impulse(s) without having to consider whether it's worth the jacket price.

I think they may be having a customer service drive at the moment too. Was in yesterday queuing for DVDs and while I was waiting two other members of staff came up and asked if they could help. Very nice.

maxxi Wrote:

> Another big positive shout for the library - don't

> have Sky/Netflix etc. so this week am

> binge-watching season 6 of GOT on dvd for ?2.50

> thanks to them - also often grab a book from their

> displays, usually something I would not have gone

> looking for but can grab on (the slightest of)

> impulse(s) without having to consider whether it's

> worth the jacket price.

East Dulwich branch of Kwit Fit have been superb twice in recent months fixing small but urgent things for me on the spot and without charge. And for my regular service about half the cost of what I used to have to pay an 'official' garage for my car type. One tends to be cynical about garages; but this one is exceptionally helpful.

Mick Mac Wrote:

> Good lad :)

>

>

> Positive feedback for the very nice lady who works

> in Badger Bakery. Don't know her name but she

> looks after me and son Rory when we go in

> occasionally and is very good with him when he is

> being indecisive. Always greeted with a smile.

Agree. They are lovely and friendly in there...and it's had a great refit too now with a decent seating area to stay and have a coffee. Good thread Jah BTW. Your opinions are always discerning and from a balanced perspective.

I love the French Cafe on Forest Hill Rd, friendly staff, cosy feel and good food. I got there to eat more often than all the other places in East Dulwich put together. I also like the fact they are dog friendly - I don't have a dog, but if my lifestyle didn't prevent I would love to, so I enjoy seeing other people's.

I think the people that took the Rose and turned it into the Watson General Telegraph did a fab job, so nice to have a decent pub nearby without having to always walk down to Lordship Lane. Food is good in there too.

I love Roullier White - phenomenally good selection of niche perfumes. I rarely bother going to the likes of Liberty or Selfridges now. Staff always super friendly in there too.

The Picturehouse is a lovely treat of a cinema, and the fact it's cheap on my day off is a definite bonus - whiled away a soggy evening watching Fantastic Beasts tonight.

I could go on. I just really like living here.

The people who look after Peckham Rye Park. It's always a pleasure to walk through there.

And the cheery Big Issue seller who is usually outside the larger hospice shop on a Saturday and tells you all about what's in the latest issue of the mag.