Are there any scientologists in our midst?

TillieTrotter

Anyone see Panorama last night? What a scary mafiaesque bunch of people they were. I think we should start up a CULT, sorry didnt mean to suggest that Scientology is a cult. Please dont start on me!!

Thank you for correcting me Administrator. Also, hope this wont cause major offence to anyone, but its more an observation about the programme and the way that guy Tommy came across.

That Scientologist chap who constantly harried the Beeb man.. what a charmer! I love it when someone makes a point of invading your personal space when they speak to you. And I loved his 'The Man' mirrored sunglasses - nice touch.

He was definitely a bit of a cult (sp?)

Speaking of "cults" (not that scientology is a cult.... :-S ), did anyone see that Louis Theroux programme a couple of months ago about "the most hated family in America"? Now that was worrying, and very very sad, as there were a lot of teenagers and little kids who just had no chance of ever living a normal life, even though they seemed desperate to in a lot of ways!

Sorry, slightly off the subject.

I saw that. What an horrendous family, did you see when Louis asked the little boy if he knew what the poster meant and the poor little boy had no idea. Five minutes later someone hurled a drink at him from a passing car. That to me was absolute child abuse. The raving loonies

Was that Panorama I watched last night? Sorry, I thought it was a mockumentary on the lines of This is Spinal Tap. The 'representative' chap was such a paragorn of arrogant slimeball that he couldn't possibly be real. He did a pretty poor job of being intimidating too, though I'd have ended up punching him a loooong time before BBC man cracked.

Actually I thought the beeb reporter was a little bit rubbish and *had* obviously set out to do a hatchet piece, so Mr Slimeball did have a genuine point, but he made it so impossible to have any sympathy for them with his high handed behaviour.

A bit of moral high ground and dignified behaviour and the bbc would have got their fingers burned, as it was it was great publicity for them and a huge own goal for scientology.

Should I lounge this myself or are we already there?

I hope this doesn't get the forum into trouble as they probably spend hours searching on google for "scientology cult" finding people to harass.

Fully agree with you MP, I would have loved to see him get his ass kicked, the arrogant Sh*t. Although it was painful watching, abit like bear baiting, but loved it when Mafia man lost it. Why are they so bothered by abit of negative publicity I wonder. Surely if you have found this 'positive' inner feeling, you learn to let things just drift over you. All very suspicious and a little bit scary.

Mockney.. I agree with you about the programme, and the reporter.

Wtf has happened to Panorama? The latest 'makeover' is totally pants. It used to be a programme with gravitas and importance. Now it's akin a magazine-y VT insert on on 'London Tonight'.

I'm not a Scientologist but I do tend to consider myself a Pastafarian (and I know there are a few others on this forum). If anyone out there is feeling like there is a gap in their life I would recommend looking into the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. It has all the traits of a religion e.g. omnipresent being, follows a recently scribed book etc etc but I feel it trumps others because, according to its gospel, heaven has a volcano of beer and a stripper factory. In my book that beats eternal damnation/hanging around on a cloud all day.

Actually I do lean towards pastafarianism too Mark - as I strongly suspect you know ;), and as far as I can see it's the only religion which has managed to find the link between global warming and the dangerous drop in pirate numbers in this world.

Important conclusions

TillieTrotter Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

Five minutes later someone hurled a

> drink at him from a passing car. That to me was

> absolute child abuse. The raving loonies

Exactly right!!! And although they were sh!ts for throwing a drink at a kid, it's not those guys who were doing the most damage!!!

The other thing about that programme was the leader of the cult was obviously a very very aggressive man, who quite clearly would have liked to have hit Louis Theroux for questioning him! Plus there was the other guy who'd gone there to make a documentary like Louis', and ended up getting totally in to it.... How?!?!?!?!?

Didn't see last night's programme, but reading your comments is reminding me of Isaac Hayes, who used to voice Chef in the South Park cartoons..... He happily joined in with their un-PC stuff about every race and religion going, but as soon as they poked fun at scientology, he threw a tantrum and walked out!!! Was so pleased that they wrote him out of the show as a brainwashed paedophile!!! ;-)

I watched that last night. Bloody scary. The Scientologist main man was a really arrogant, obnoxious, intimitating, bullying little prick. I'd have wanted to have punched his lights out way before the Beeb man lost his cool, but I got the impression that's what he wanted him to do. Played into his hands really.