Malian migrant who climbed four storeys to save a child gets citizenship and job

I just loved, loved, loved this news story.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5777403/Paris-hero-climbs-four-storey-apartment-block-rescue-boy.html

It made me wonder, does the UK have a fast track for migrants who demonstrate outstanding citizenship, courage, loyalty or otherwise exemplify UK values - so not just the wealthy or those who have a job lined up? I think it would be a fantastic way to reward people who deserve it, model good citizenship and create new role models.

What does anyone else think? It's got 'Harry & Meghan' written all over it.

I can't understand how the child clung on for so long.

Brilliant outcome, as Ilona says, and I hope the child's father is suitably punished.

ETA: Don't think he was a toddler, apparently he was four. Child not father, obvs.

Have to say as someone who can be to the right of Genghis Khan, certainly Kubla Khan anyway that this is a fantastic story and has gone viral and the great news is he is assured of a place in the Country and has secured a job as a Fireman so well done Mamoudou Gassama :)

Alan Medic Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What are UK values? In this age of Brexit I just

> see a whole lot selfishness and idiocy.

We don't have any in the same way as one of the Countries in The UK...that pesky England do not have any Culture to call theor own and preserve.

Which is a shame because almost every other Nation on earth does have a Culture...

Robert Poste's Child Wrote:

> Glad you've learned the error of your ways, RH.

>

> Flockerspotter, have you ever said anything kind

> or supportive on this forum? I only ever seem to

> see digs which looks like you're trying to stir

> things up. Maybe I'm wrong.

so what does your seemingly bizarre reference mean then?

Alan Medic Wrote:

We'd have given the guy an MBE then Theresa May would have accidentally repatriated him to the wrong country.

Alan Medic Wrote:

I've no idea either but I believe they're in the citizenship test. Queuing must be in there, and saying yes, thank you, the food's lovely, when the waiter asks then complaining about it all night.

Robert Poste's Child Wrote:

> I've no idea either but I believe they're in the

> citizenship test. Queuing must be in there, and

> saying yes, thank you, the food's lovely, when the

> waiter asks then complaining about it all night.

A lot of the 'facts' being tested in the citizenship test have been found to be erroneous!! Maybe that's the basis of the British values we're all searching for ...

Personally, it really drives me up the wall to hear politicians trying to adopt a British version of the American Dream.

• 1 year later...
With all the negative press about illegal immigrants which reduce them to something less than human, it's a great story of a real human being who is a real hero. Makes me think that many, if not most, of the people who risk life and limb to get "somewhere" other than where they currently live, deserve more than hostility, and certainly more than many, if not most people, who come to their natural citizenship because they were born to the manor.