Forum Sponsors

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk
xxxx
www.inshutters.co.uk

Glazer Delmar

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Which pubs, bars, restaurants and take-aways do you avoid?
messageFavourite bar in Peckham?
Posted by poch 08 July, 2018 15:58

Anyone got a particular favourite? Or could share a hidden gem? Am looking for a birthday party venue - somewhere that looks nice, with a nice atmosphere, where I can hopefully reserve some tables/space. Also hoping to play some music....
Have looked at Near and Far at the Levels, the new Nines, and Peckham Springs but if anyone has any bright ideas, they'd be gratefully received! Thanks.

messageRe: Favourite bar in Peckham?
Posted by mancity68 08 July, 2018 17:58

Not a bar but super friendly and open to reserving you lots of space, The Hope. Or try Batch Cocktail Bar.

Posted by Renata Hamvas 09 July, 2018 12:17

The Nuns Head has an upper floor you can hire.

Posted by Renata Hamvas 09 July, 2018 12:23

Poch, maybe you could change the title to Pub suitable for a party? The other ones I know of are the Ivyhouse, Waverley Arms (small room) and Earl of Derby at the Telegraph (also has an upstairs room). These are all in the Nunhead area, at the moment I can't think of a Peckham one with a separate area.

Posted by poch 09 July, 2018 12:33

Thanks for the suggestions! And thanks Renata. I'm not really looking for a separate space - more a bar where we can reserve some tables. Will check out Batch and The Hope.

Posted by mima08 09 July, 2018 12:38

Batch Bar are lovely people and you can order in food from Pizza Pick up, Banh Banh and Pedler...

Posted by Help-Ma-Boab 09 July, 2018 21:56

Montpellier

Posted by TheCat 10 July, 2018 12:37

John the Unicorn

Posted by poch 10 July, 2018 13:59

Thanks all. Think we're actually going to go for The Pelican. Main decider was manager being chilled about us playing some music, plus nice cool space.

Posted by Dom Johnston 10 July, 2018 14:54

It's a bit more in deepest darkest Peckham on Commercial Way, but I used to love going in the Duke of Sussex. It's run (or at least was a couple of years ago) by an awesome Irish chap called Finton. He would be happy to allocate a space. It's a great pub, friendly staff, will do food and I'm sure he wouldn't mind you playing your own music for a few hours too.

Posted by MirandaS 14 July, 2018 21:21

if not too late check out two hundred rye lane...great cocktails, outdoor space and nice tapas style dishes [www.twohundredryelane.com]

Posted by KrackersMaracas 14 July, 2018 23:42

Oh yum looks like one to try!!!

Posted by malumbu 14 July, 2018 23:58

How many? No longer a favourite pub but the Clock House has quite a nice upstairs bar that is cheap to hire - just guarantee a certain level of taking at the bar.

Bar Story otherwise.

Posted by MissDumpling 24 July, 2018 07:32

Batch is a great bar - you get a free glass of prosecco on arrival, Phil is passionate about his back bar, great cocktails and music. And love the fact that they provide plates and cutlery for you when you bring in your own food. We had a delicious takeout from Banh Banh just a couple of doors down. Highly recommended!

Posted by fishbiscuits 24 July, 2018 13:08

Batch looks intriguing, but has never been open when I've gone past. Do you know what the opening hours/days are?

Posted by mima08 25 July, 2018 14:49

fishbiscuits Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Batch looks intriguing, but has never been open
> when I've gone past. Do you know what the opening
> hours/days are?

Generally not open on Sundays (but was while the world cup was on), not sure about Mondays, other days generally from 6pm.

Posted by fishbiscuits 25 July, 2018 17:40

Thanks

Posted by MissDumpling January 07, 08:45PM

New favourite is this amazing place in Copeland Park. Well tucked away, but so worth finding.

[kanpai.london]

Downstairs they brew stunning, award-winning sake and upstairs they have a tap room where you can sample the freshest sake youíll ever taste in this country. We also tried a gorgeous sake-based cocktail. You can slurp some of their Barmanís Ramen while you drink.

Only open at the weekend, but an absolute gem!

Posted by rahrahrah January 08, 03:58PM

Is the Peckham Liberal Club still a thing?

Posted by tiddles January 10, 10:54AM

Herne Tavern has an area that is part of the pub but can be reserved for private parties etc - I am pretty sure they will let you play music (seen some discos etc in that area)

have a great time!

Posted by bob January 10, 01:11PM

Yes the Peckham Liberal club is still going.Bob S

Posted by malumbu January 13, 12:19PM

Clock does room upstairs for free if you can guarantee a bar spend. OK for around 40. Nice location, food and beer underwhelming.

Posted by lavender27 January 14, 01:34PM

Is Voodoo Rays any good. Rye lane, Peckham park end.

Posted by rahrahrah January 14, 01:55PM

I like Voodoo Rays. Nice pizza, by the slice

Posted by fishbiscuits January 15, 03:49PM

The pizza is OK... it's not exactly a gourmet destination. Think enormous Pizza Hut style pizzas, cut into slices and re-heated when you order them. Consider it fast food, you won't be disappointed. And I quite like American style pizza, anyway.

You can go in just for drinks too - in fact I think a lot of people do. It's really just a large bar with a counter at the end serving pizza.

Posted by JohnL January 16, 02:52PM

fishbiscuits Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The pizza is OK... it's not exactly a gourmet
> destination. Think enormous Pizza Hut style
> pizzas, cut into slices and re-heated when you
> order them. Consider it fast food, you won't be
> disappointed. And I quite like American style
> pizza, anyway.
>
> You can go in just for drinks too - in fact I
> think a lot of people do. It's really just a large
> bar with a counter at the end serving pizza.

I grab a pizza which they will usually keep hot for me - and have a drink or two.

Posted by Tractorlad March 08, 05:10PM

As a testament to how trendy Peckham has become, not a single mention for the Nag's Head!

Posted by Seabag March 09, 08:14AM

The Nags Head, try that, itís in the Old Town, where Peckham is still Peckham.

If not, the members bar at Quo Vadis in Soho is super.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum