Peoples vote march - 20 October

DadOf4

OK, if you're still in favour of the, increasingly likely, car crash that is Brexit then no action required here ? I?m not going to try and convince you to change your mind, so lets not open a leave/remain debate.

However, if like me you have genuine concerns for the state of this country over the next few years. Or if you are finally starting to realise that this wasn't as simple as you'd been promised. Or the penny has finally dropped that, all things considered, the EU is actually a good thing - then read on.

Personally, as a remain voter, I currently feel pretty powerless. Both main political parties seem dedicated to doing something that delivers the ?will of the people? ? at any cost.

So, I?m going to the PEOPLES VOTE MARCH on 20th October

https://www.peoples-vote.uk/march

We'll be going as a family

Get along, bring your family, bring some friends and tell others who may also feel the same way as you.

Do not sit on the couch and expect it all to be OK.

Will a march change anything? Maybe, maybe not ? but at least I will know that I I *tried* to do the right thing.

I?ve also put my name down to volunteer to deliver leaflets to encourage others to attend the march. If anybody feels as strongly as me, I?d encourage you also to do the same. Details here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfSJ4zhdcgWNB7hTmakxsHB7_m3444IsIY4HlOnVZ638MbcDQ/viewform

If anybody wants to co-ordinate leaflet delivery, please DM me

This is a hypothetical question I realise, (because there's no chance of another referendum) but if the result of a 'best of 3' further vote didn't meet with your approval, would there be another march calling for 'best of 5'?

Sorry out of exile again. Great comment on Youtube to the BJ tackle - "it was difficult but I managed to m*s*u*b*t" to this". Found it highly amusing, totally irreverent but perhaps I am just puerile and belong to another age... And no I didn't and no it wasn't my comment.

Right back into exile. Sticks and stones and all that business.

diable rouge Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> robbin shitstirring as usual, troll off to another

> thread...

How is that 'shitstirring' or 'trolling'....after all Democracy Is Democracy and the EU ain't that. As far as the economy goes the EU have undermined our manufacturing, fishing , farming etc etc since day 1....anyway who needs the Somerset variety of strawberries 52/24/7 grown under polythene in Spain?

JohnL Wrote:

> Only economic success will really keep remainers

> quiet - and I just can't see it.

>

> If UK had a huge success then so be it - but half

> and half solutions surely won't bring anything

> better than membership.

I certainly agree with that second observation. As to the first, I doubt that economic success would keep the more rabid remainers quiet. Economic stats are so complex and varied that they can always be interpreted in a way that shows some negative movement. It's like the ? - on the one hand it is great that the pound has weakened (personally I've made quite a profit on that) and while a movement like that plainly helps our exports, tourism and therefore B of P, on the other hand it could be held out as a negative factor such as causing inflation for imports - and vice versa. There's enough inherent flexibility and complexity in our economic situation (it would be the same for any country's economic situation) to feed (some) remainers' angst for years to come.

robbin Wrote:

> It's DR's stock response when he doesn't agree

> with something or finds it uncomfortable. Don't

> rise to it.

That was trolltastic, keep it up guys, every post rightly puts this important thread back at the top of the EDF chart.

Remember, all publicity is good publicity.

Don't forget the Wooferendum this Sunday too!...

The Wooferendum really exists :) "Dogs are demanding a Wooferendum to stop Brexit. Join us and together let?s make the biggest bark in history"

Look how sad all those dogs look because of Brexit, David Cameron and Nigel Farage.

We weren't well informed first time round (crap talked on both sides).

We'll be much better informed if a second vote happens.

A better informed electorate means better democracy.

Theresa May called a General Election half-way through a fixed-term parliament and there weren't riots in the streets...

JohnL Wrote:

> The Wooferendum really exists :) "Dogs are

> demanding a Wooferendum to stop Brexit. Join us

> and together let?s make the biggest bark in

> history"

>

>

>

> Look how sad all those dogs look because of

> Brexit, David Cameron and Nigel Farage.

Walkies not porkies!..:)