Forum Sponsors

www.advancedpainters.co.uk

All Round Renovation

www.clintonmckenzie.com

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
messageRe: Homeopathy remedies
Posted by TE44 January 27, 09:29AM

Rendall, did you read the links? And can you post ip proof of the harm that has been done by homeopathy. I have no wish to change your mind and respect youur choices in healing. This may be a difficult concept for you, but people actually
are aware of greed, lies, and all charges brought through our legal system against companies, within our healing, then decide for themselves. This is not an either or situation, you are
persistently using arguments which plague the healing industry. Yes there is an awareness there is room for greed on both sides. What is happening now is not going to stop homeopathy it is only going to make it available if you pay.

Posted by rendelharris January 27, 09:44AM

TE44 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...can you post
> ip proof of the harm that has been done by
> homeopathy.

[www.theguardian.com]

Posted by TE44 January 27, 10:13AM

Rendall, seriously, you have utsed one very extreme case of a couple who must have had serious problems to allow there child to reach this state, this is bringing into question not just homepathy but other treatments, though that is immaterial as this reflects more a problem with the parents. It surprises me when alternative meds are being blamed for a death it is dealt with in a criminal court, although it was individusls charged not homeopathy or any other altternative therapy they used. There was no question of the meds causing harm, the charge was broughtagainst the parents. Unlike pharmaceutical drugs which after proof, withdrawal and death, is not dealt with in a criminal court, the families cannot get answers, Its all settled with money, I can go on but I won't Rendal as no doubt you'll agree, can you give me a link where people have died through homeopathic meds. People are dying , conditions worsening through the medications being prescribed, whilst others lives are being savedand as I said earlier its not either or.

Posted by rendelharris January 27, 10:23AM

I said earlier in this thread that of course homeopathy can't directly kill people, because it's pure water. What it can do, as in the instance detailed above, is cause people to put off treatment and let their illnesses get worse and even become fatal - Barry Sheene was a good example of this (not homeopathy but the idiotic Breuss diet).

To address another of your points, namely "you are persistently using arguments which plague the healing industry"; if you are going to claim that water atoms can be imprinted with a memory of another substance, something that goes against all laws of physics, of course you're going to be "plagued" by arguments saying it's nonsense.

Tell me, why do you think the combined scientists of Europe's 29 most prestigious scientific institutions concluded that homeopathy is "nonsense"? Is it all a conspiracy paid for by Big Pharma?

Posted by TE44 January 27, 10:36AM

Rendal I have put up links try reading them, I am claiming the actual drugs on offer are killing people and the system set up to deal with the companies who are making them, andthe people who are suffering loss, is corrupt and cruel. Where does the most prestigous scientific institutes sit amongst this system. I realise this thread is about homeopathy, personally this cannot be looked at without it overlapping into medicine and healing as a whole.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was january 27, 10:40am by TE44.

Posted by JoeLeg January 27, 10:41AM

Cui Bono, TE44?

Iíve read your links, and the press release. I can see nothing on them that extends beyond the homeopathic industries belief that they should exist alongside modern medical practice. Fine in theory, but the NHS has finite resources, and cannot fund stuff if it does not think it will work.

I note that the example of India is used as a place where homeopathic medicine is used alongside modern techniques. I would suggest India is not the best example given some of the public health problems they have. Ayurveydic practice is fine for some stuff, but it canít treat chronic malnutrition or the resulting complications, or many of the other issues faced on the subcontinent.
China might be a better example of two concurrently existing styles of medicine.

Tell me, do you have any training in modern medicine?

Also, would you refuse treatment that involved the use of modern drugs?

ETA - Please provide proof (PROOF!) of your ďclaimsĒ that drugs are killing people.

Actual, verifiable PROOF.

I have very little time for people who claim the NHS is in cahoots with big pharma to damage people and make money. Back up your assertions or do one.

One of the junior doctors on the team who saved my wifeís life, when discussing with me how many antibiotics they were having to give her, was quite open and scathing io his opinion of people who donít understand that drugs are simply NOT a magic cure - that there is always a trade-off and that medicine isnít some kind of fairy dust, but that people are living longer than they used to.

But apparently to you we should not take the drugs because they hurt us.

Tell me - whereís the cholera? How long are people living with HIV? Whatís immunology? How about penicillin? Paracetamol? Steroids?

Why do you have such a problem with modern medicine? Did you prefer it when we all died at 35?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit was january 27, 10:55am by JoeLeg.

Posted by TE44 January 27, 10:51AM

Joelleg i have no intention of going into my personal health on this forum to please some people who would delight in tryingto pull peopleschoices to pieces to prove themselves right. What I will say, is I have nursed people
who have chosen treatment I have refused for myself, and heres the hard bit, i have believed
In that treatment for them.
Cui bono?????

Posted by JoeLeg January 27, 10:54AM

Cui Bono? Itís Latin for ďwho benefits?Ē

Commonly referred to as - Follow The Money...

I note you refuse to answer the questions.

Are you also an anti-vaxxer?

Posted by TE44 January 27, 11:02AM

Tes joe I am an "anti vaxxer" it's no big secret. I'm not being funny, I'm on phone and don't want to look bback on thread but arent you the one who put up the personal stuff about the guy and his family, sorry if u'm wrong, why would i want to give you any information when you couldn't even see how wrong that was.

Thanks fot the translation, i've never heard that before.

Posted by rendelharris January 27, 11:15AM

TE44 Wrote:
> Rendal I have put up links try reading them, I am
> claiming the actual drugs on offer are killing
> people and the system set up to deal with the
> companies who are making them, andthe people who
> are suffering loss, is corrupt and cruel. Where
> does the most prestigous scientific institutes sit
> amongst this system. I realise this thread is
> about homeopathy, personally this cannot be looked
> at without it overlapping into medicine and
> healing as a whole.

Sorry that doesn't wash. You are refusing to answer questions regarding the fact that homeopathy has never been proved any more efficacious than a placebo in any double-blind trial and that no serious scientist agrees regarding its alleged means of operation by saying look, big pharmaceutical companies are horrid. Yes they can be, and they've made numerous mistakes and tried to cover them up and so on ad nauseam. That does not provide any argument for the efficacy of, or scientific proof for, homeopathy.

And antivaxxer - something else for which there is no scientific evidence (unless you're going to follow the disgraced and discredited charlatan Wakefield) that does do direct provable harm, not only to people making the choice (or rather imposing it on their children) but to society as a whole. You may have read that just today the Governor of Washington State in the USA has declared a public health emergency due to an outbreak of measles, something that is directly linked to the number of people who have refused to have their children vaccinated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was january 27, 11:31am by rendelharris.

Posted by TE44 January 27, 11:51AM

Rendall, I am extremely bored with the way vaccine discussions( if they fall into that category) go. I am not goong to repeat myself, all i will say is I hope you and I both continue to have a choice to make our own minds up, I'm off to have some hydrotherapy (Aka bath) then some alternative treatment, which i hear has some very positive results, you may agree its called fun. Have a great day, enjoy being part of the cahanging season try not to peer to hard you might miss something.

Posted by JoeLeg January 27, 12:28PM

TE44 Wrote:
> Tes joe I am an "anti vaxxer" it's no big secret.

Then nothing you say is worth listening to. You are responsible for a cult - a neo-religious sect - which thinks itís ok to threaten the children of doctors and would happily see kids die of measles. Itís notable Wakefield can only find succour in the land of conspiracy.

People like you are a danger to humanity and should be locked up. Do you have children? I hope not. The main reason you wonít try and defend your vile anti-vaccination position is because YOU CANíT.

You cannot deny the countless lives saved over years by vaccines, so you ignore that inconvenient fact. You have no scientific background to your assertions about autism because theyíve all been so comprehensively debunked over the years.

All youíre left with is belief. Now belief is fine, but like religion it belongs to you and no one else.

When you have a belief which encourages the spread of disease amoungst innocent people who do not share your belief, you are no longer a person following their own views on treatment - you are a menace to public health.

Homeopathy is your choice, your belief. Keep it there and itís not a problem. You are free to believe what you will qprovided you bring no harm to others. But when you claim your way is not only superior but that the field of modern medicine only causes harm - and do it without proof - then youíve gone too far and I for one will not stand for it.

I have no issue with what others choose to do to themselves; over their own body and mind the individual is sacrosanct. But when you make us live with the consequences of your belief, itís too much.

Homeopathy is a belief, at its core. Now Iím aware that the universe is a very strange place and thereís a lot of stuff we canít understand. I donít pretend to thereís nothing to what I would term Ďunconventionalí healing practices. But you donít have anything past belief. The internet will tell you anything you want it to, and thereís any amount of confirmation bias out there that will tell you Iím wrong, and I donít imagine Iím going to change your mind anyway. Thatís the thing with a conspiracy theory - you donít need to provide proof, you just have to say ďI Believe!Ē...

Entire buildings are filled with scientists trying to make people healthier. For you to write them off as corrupt is beyond words.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was january 27, 12:43pm by JoeLeg.

Posted by TE44 January 27, 12:39PM

Ha ha ha how ridiculous,

Edited too say repeat editing is very confusing when you don't have a computer and throws a diffrent light on to peoples reactions to what was originally said.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was january 27, 12:55pm by TE44.

Posted by JoeLeg January 27, 12:44PM

TE44 Wrote:
> Ha ha ha how ridiculous,

Yes, you are. You are ridiculous and dangerous.

Enjoy your tinfoil...bye bye!

Posted by TE44 January 27, 01:00PM

At no point have i said my choices are superior, nor do I use homeopathy on a regular basis. Maybe Joe you need to look to yourself at your accusations. If you ever have to support a loved one that chooses a different method of healing you don't approve of you may realise to help you may have to drop your judgemental attitude. Goodbte.

Posted by JoeLeg January 27, 01:06PM

(Canít beleive Iím doing this)

Excuse me, but I stated clearly that what people do to themselves is their business.

Get some reading comprehension.

My problem with you is your imposition of your values on others.

Posted by TE44 January 27, 01:21PM

Lets call it a day joeleg seriously I have not imposed my opinions in fact your post above is accusing me of being responsible for all the ills a danger to humanity, you are making some very big assumptions, that are not true. However threatened you may feel by my choices I would suggest you look at how dangerous people can be when they cannot understand others view, they resort to blaming, isolating, victimising other than having respect.

Posted by JoeLeg January 27, 01:42PM

(Edited because you arenít worth it)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was january 27, 01:43pm by JoeLeg.

Posted by rendelharris January 27, 02:16PM

TE44 Wrote:
> Rendall, I am extremely bored with the way vaccine
> discussions( if they fall into that category) go.
> I am not goong to repeat myself,

Ah, the oldest, cheapest and weakest get-out in the book, "I could prove how you are wrong but I can't be bothered". Funny how you can drone on for pages about homeopathy but suddenly when asked to defend the utterly indefensible you can't be bothered. Totally transparent.

> Have a
> great day, enjoy being part of the cahanging
> season try not to peer to hard you might miss
> something.

Huh?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was january 27, 02:16pm by rendelharris.

Posted by TE44 January 27, 02:51PM

Don't make me laugh Rendal, i'd need a get out of jail free card if Joeleg had his wat, where is the basis for any understandin when There is a belief I should be locked up and who knows what restrictions may be applied to my children
If some people had there way. I would say some people are most definitely a danger. Or where do you stand Rendal. Do you believe people should have a choice.

Posted by rendelharris January 27, 02:58PM

Not when it comes to whether or not they're allowed to endanger children's lives because they hold fatuous unsubstantiated beliefs, not really, no.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was january 27, 03:26pm by rendelharris.

Posted by Chick January 27, 11:50PM

rendelharris Wrote:
> Not when it comes to whether or not they're
> allowed to endanger children's lives because they
> hold fatuous unsubstantiated beliefs, not really,
> no.

Posted by robbin January 28, 12:05PM

Isn't Prince Charles into homeopathy?

'nuff said!

Posted by lavender27 February 27, 10:57PM

Thanks

Is there a homeopathic remedy for microscopic ants around the anus?

Hummm itchy scratchy

Posted by lavender27 February 27, 11:18PM

Some great points here, just to add has anyone heard or know of a homeopathic hospital?

Posted by lavender27 March 01, 12:35PM

lavender27 Wrote:
> Thanks
>
> Is there a homeopathic remedy for microscopic ants
> around the anus?
>
> Hummm itchy scratchy.

Posted by Penguin68 March 01, 06:15PM

Some great points here, just to add has anyone heard or know of a homeopathic hospital?

Sadly, yes

[www.uclh.nhs.uk]

I can't be bothered to go back over this interminable thread, but to note that homeopathy (which does nothing) was often safer than interventive medicine in the 19th century which did something, but often something bad (it is better to 'cure' syphilis with water than mercury). That all changed by the 1950s and certainly into the 21st century when medical interventions are genuinely beneficial. Homeopathy (still water, if beaten against a saddle) does no direct harm (save where it is preferred to actual medication). No does it do any good better than the placebo effect - which isn't in itself nothing - people genuinely do get better or at least improve through sugar pills or water, but then the body is an amazing self-healing mechanism - think how cuts and bruises get better without any intervention save to keep them (cuts) free of infection.

Posted by PeckhamRose March 01, 09:24PM

Wow. 6 pages on this nonsense!

--------------------
Humanist Funeral Celebrant

Posted by lavender27 March 02, 01:17AM

lavender27 Wrote:
> lavender27 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Thanks
> >
> > Is there a homeopathic remedy for microscopic
> ants
> > around the anus?
> >
> > Hummm itchy scratchy.

U am serious,anyone please, it's getting worse.

Posted by Neila March 02, 08:05AM

This is such an incredible thread for someone asking for a particular advice on a particular topic why would anyone give a negative opinion? Just to make the person aware she s a fool according to you?

I also KNOW in capital that homeopathy is working on me 😁. And considering how spectacularly I healed from eczema dyshidrotic after suffering for more than 5 year of it not being able to squiz my hand into a fist, I would recommend it to everyone. But not every doctor uses it or believe in it and also are good. And I would not go to anyone who is not a doctor and homťopathe. I have been to 3 and the third was recommended by someone I could see similar results on...
So in the UK I don't know how to find a good on but that must exist and I guess word of mouth is the best way to figure it out. If you know someone let me know smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum