Consumer Advice required

ed_pete

Just looking for some advice.

I while back my wife and I went to a nearby showroom to discuss baths. We were very specific about the type of bath we needed - it had to be "D-shaped". It is sited against a long flat wall and neither end is in a corner. We agreed on a model and a price and was subsequently sent an email quote for the bath and some other pieces that we also required. The quote detailed the bath manufacturer, range and size, but didn't specify the model number or that it was D-shaped. We accepted the quote and asked for the order to be placed.

We were advised when the order had arrived and the shop was happy to hold it for us as we were waiting for workmen to do the work in the bathroom. Anyway yesterday the bath and other items were delivered and the bath is a different model but from the same range and size (essentially its square at one end, intended for corner placement).

I have been back to the showroom who have said that they ordered what we asked for and that is what we've got. They are going to speak to the distributor and see if a swap can be done but there are no guarantee's.

Question is, where do I stand legally ? I am able to reject the bath and request a full refund ? I accepted the quote but that wasn't specific in terms of the actual model.

As I understand it, they are not legally required to refund or exchange if the item is not faulty, but I would argue that as the order did not specific exactly what model had been ordered, that they did not take your order properly. How can a manufacturer, range and size, equal a specific model? Maybe try getting some advice from a consumer advice line like,

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/get-more-help/if-you-need-more-help-about-a-consumer-issue/