Electricians not currently interested

Lynne

Do I hold outdated values, or is it normal for tradesmen not to bother to return calls? I've wasted some time leaving messages with several companies, then giving them a couple of days to respond, but waiting in vain. OK, it's a little job but a call saying "sorry we're busy," would seem to be polite. What's the point of them spending money on advertising if they don't reply to a question? And self interest might suggest to them that I'm unlikely to ever use them if I want a big job done, or to recommend them to anyone else.

As this Forum proves, word of mouth is a valuable asset.

Finally got someone coming tomorrow, and if all is well, I shall broadcast his praises here.

Think it was my thread you're referring to on three businesses that behaved in similiar fashion and was received in different ways on here. Totally agree with you Lynne and personally am amazed at people on here who seem content to defend local businesses who behave in this cynical way. There is no excuse for lazy companies who relax with the good reviews they receive on here so don't appear to feel the need to think of the future customers they are alienating by not responding or letting down. I've now sorted my request but remain disillusioned with the rubbish ones.

alex_b Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I had an electrician waste his time and mine

> coming round and then never bothering to send a

> quote despite two polite reminder emails.

This cuts both ways, the public don't always respond to submitted quotes and follow-up calls/emails...

I was advised by my decorator to contact Gary Vu, I had in mind this guy when I discovered that my usual contact had work for another 3 weeks and could not fit me in. Gary was busy but when he heard that my decorator was due to commence work with me within a week, and needed the work to be done before painting - he offered to come in on a Saturday. Was a small job ( rewiring a ceiling light and replacing a broken socket outlet) and completed within an hour. very reasonable cost (paid cash)

Bluinnovations19 Wrote:

> I recommend luke at lrb electrics 07365430713 or

> allan Chivers, used them before for there services

Since your only four posts on the forum have been variants of this recommendation, do you happen to be connected with Luke or Allen?

• 1 month later...

malumbu Wrote:

> Do bear with Tradespeople - a lot of their time is

> currently spent listening to the Brexit debate on

> Fivelive or LBC and then having to phone in or

> text their views. Cabbies are under even more

> pressure.

They have to support Darren Grimes too, as he's under a bit of stress.

malumbu Wrote:

> Do bear with Tradespeople - a lot of their time is

> currently spent listening to the Brexit debate on

> Fivelive or LBC and then having to phone in or

> text their views. Cabbies are under even more

> pressure.

Eh? Again.....