Forum Sponsors

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com
xxxx
www.wickhamsecurity.co.uk

www.no-flies.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
messagewhat zone is Canning Town underground from a) Peckham Rye b) Honor Oak ?
Posted by intexasatthe moment 13 December, 2018 08:44

Trying to establish for a visitor . ( Lord help the visitor trying to work out travel costs in London )

when I search it says 2/3 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2018:12:13:09:31:04 by intexasatthe moment.

messageRe: what zone is Canning Town underground ?
Posted by ed_pete 13 December, 2018 08:59

2/3 means on the border of 2 and 3. Considered zone 2 if travelling to Canning Town from central london. Considered zone 3 if travelling from a zone beyond 3 and getting out at Canning Town.

messageRe: what zone is Canning Town travelling a)peckham rye b) honor oak ?
Posted by intexasatthe moment 13 December, 2018 09:15

Thank you ed .

So ,sorry to be so dense ,but help an old lady

travelling from Peckham Rye in zone 2 ?

travelling from Honor Oak Park in zone 3 ?

and whatever the answer is to my questions above do the zones remain the same if travelling from Canning Town back to Peckham Rye and Honor Oak ??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2018:12:13:09:29:41 by intexasatthe moment.

messageRe: what zone is Canning Town underground from a) Peckham Rye b) Honor Oak ?
Posted by diable rouge 13 December, 2018 10:30

Are you trying to find out the cost of a single/return trip to and from these stations?...

messageRe: what zone is Canning Town underground from a) Peckham Rye b) Honor Oak ?
Posted by intexasatthe moment 13 December, 2018 11:09

I was comparing capped daily fares with weekly travel card options .

Posted by rendelharris 13 December, 2018 11:52

Canning Town to Peckham Rye is all Zone 2 (assuming you come round via the Canada Water route, not through central London). Although Canning Town to Honor Oak could be called Zone 3 to Zone 3, all viable routes go through Zone 2 so you'd need a Zone 2&3 travelcard/ticket for that.

Posted by intexasatthe moment 13 December, 2018 12:02

Thanks ,that's what I thought ,just wasn't sure .

Posted by intexasatthe moment 13 December, 2018 13:33

I see that if you're changing at Canada Water to go to Canning Town you need to touch in at CW or get charged as though you've come from zone 1 .

Someone tell me if I've missunderstood ,otherwise I'll assume I've intepreted correctly .

Does seem a tiny bit likely to catch visitors out .

Posted by alice 13 December, 2018 14:04

I used to do that trip touching in avoids the zone 1 charge.
Tfl says 1.70

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2018:12:13:14:08:06 by alice.

Posted by intexasatthe moment 13 December, 2018 14:55

Thanks Alice .
It's all too much for my small brain .

Posted by alice 13 December, 2018 20:17

Your brain is undeniably massive.

Posted by Bic Basher 15 December, 2018 17:09

alice Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I used to do that trip touching in avoids the zone
> 1 charge.
> Tfl says 1.70

It's 1.50 off-peak and 1.70 peak.

Posted by alex_b 15 December, 2018 19:45

Just a side note to say that if the visitor has a contactless credit/debit card then they will never pay more than a daily OR WEEKLY travelcard. I switched from Oyster to contactless because of this.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum