Vet Recommendation please for puppy

beansprout

I can recommend the team at the Neighbourhood Vets on Lordship Lane - I have mainly seen Topaz, Rory and Laura. I have a cat, but we are frequent flyers due to chronic health problems and I meet lots of happy dog owners in reception. The vets, nurses and receptionists are interested in their patients and look after us very well.

There is a newish vet in Camberwell, The London Animal Hospital. They provide a 24 hr service. They seem to be moderately holistic and sell raw prepared food. Remember that you are your dog?s advocate and you can turn down any treatment you don?t want. For example, annual boosters, inc. leptospirosis, and monthly flea and worm treatments are all things that aren?t necessary. Use wormcount.com to see if your dog actually has worms before deciding what to do.

Hyde Park Vets at Marble Arch has a good reputation.

Thanks all and Rosetta - she has had a bucketful of antibodes, etc and still quite young.

Psrsonally, I am more of a natural remedy person - hate pills, & take as few as possible.

Interested in your comment about fles, worms , boosters etc.

Will look into it.

Who do ylubsee for dogs at Ellie's? Gather she is more of a cat person but practice has good recommendations.

I recommend reading books by Catherine O?Driscoll regarding vaccinations. There is also a FB group called Dogs & Vaccinations, What Vets Dont Tell You which you would find interesting.

Also, The Raw & Holistic Cat & Dog Support Group is very friendly and well moderated. Would never give a dog any lepto or kennel cough shots. See Novibac Lepto 4 Our Experiences FB group.

Norwood Road Vets are amazing, we take the cats there and the London Animal Hospital in Camberwell have been hands down best for our dog. I?d avoid the others in my experience. Also, look out for the excessive vaccinations the others insist upon. Particularly read up on vaccinations for leptovirus and the dangers involved.

• 2 weeks later...

"I recommend reading books by Catherine O?Driscoll regarding vaccinations."

Is this the C O'Driscoll:

"She learnt Emotional Freedom Technique in 1998 and is qualified as a practitioner and teacher under the Association for the Advancement of Meridian Energy Techniques (AAMET).

Catherine is also an ACT (Animal Communication Training) examiner, and a qualified Reiki."

Why would anyone recommend her advice for animal health over that of a qualified vet?

Catherine wrote a book called The Tip of the Needle and founded the organisation Canine Health Concern.

-------------------------------------------------------

> "I recommend reading books by Catherine O?Driscoll

> regarding vaccinations."

>

> Is this the C O'Driscoll:

>

> "She learnt Emotional Freedom Technique in 1998

> and is qualified as a practitioner and teacher

> under the Association for the Advancement of

> Meridian Energy Techniques (AAMET).

>

> Catherine is also an ACT (Animal Communication

> Training) examiner, and a qualified Reiki."

>

> Why would anyone recommend her advice for animal

> health over that of a qualified vet?

edcam Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It's really worth fighting against lepto

> vaccinations. There are some horror stories out

> there.

Yes. Agree. Both Lepto4 and Lepto2. Enlightened vets are not giving Lepto. Bordatella (kennel cough) should also be avoided.

Thanks all, really appreciate. I naturally assumed that vaccinations obviously are necessary and also assumed, stupidly when I think about it that vetsknow what they are doing and advising..!! Never heard about Lepto but on more investigation worldwide, alot of vets are against 4 & not too happy about 2 either.

Will try and find facebook link and post..

Now for feeding.. Years ago use to feed kibble & fish/chicken as we all did.

Vet and others are advising against kibble and feed wet or raw...does deoend on vet though..!

At this rate, when she is older will just cook her food...!! Still too young