Rescue Me - is this the end of Tommy???

Steph

Does anyone watch Rescue Me? The best thing on tele since the Sopranos. Denis Leary is the writer and main character and may well have just died in a fire (I recorded it and have watched it up until 10mins ago)

They just dont make them like this in the UK

The only think I have to look forward to now is Peep Show

What is East Dulwich watching?

Certainly was a great review and seems really authentic for a cop show unlike Holby Blue!

I would love to borrow it off you Sean but my son demands me in bed by 9, I swear he will be like 19 saying, come on mam corries over, bed! So for that reason alone I shall try to catch it some other way otherwise you will never see your dvd again.

Where did you come across it? Keep me posted of any newbeies coming up that live up to such standards

I was working in New Jersey a couple of years ago and I got talking to this guy about Homicide:Life On The Street and he was "that's MY show! If you like that you should check out the new show by same team" so I picked it up asap - I have to ration the episodes so I always have some to look forward to.

Other great boxsets are the aforementioned Homicide, plus Deadwood (Ian McShane is one BAD hombre).

Just started on BBC3 on Sunday nights is a new sitcom called Gavin & Stacy which I am loving as well

See that kinda makes it a bit special for you I think.

I bet you said to Mrs MaCGabhann that you met the whole cast or that the director was your second cousin? No shame in that mind, I would have done the same thing

There seems to be a lot of Homicide in your TV choices now Sean?

Gavin & Stacy I have pre recorded, I couldnt live without sky plus you know.

The irony is young Steph me lass that I'm not a "cop-show" fan generally - no CSI, no Miami Vice back in the day, no... well any of them really. But these are special. Trust me. And as you now know, it's not just my opinion...

Plus anyone who knows me knows I wouldn't hurt a fly

Sky+? Other hard-disc recording devices ARE available ( ;-) )but don't I know JUST what you mean.

Sorry to butt in S and S - don't watch much but First series of Teachers was brilliant - First series of No Angels a complete delight - First series of Shameless the same. Loved Bodies (you guessed it - first series) and before that Cardiac Arrest. Don't generally do U.S. stuff. Current fave: Charlie and Lola (CBBC)

citizen

the old ones are the best Spadetownboy, I could watch Rising Damp back to back all week!

CitizenED yeah I loved Teachers as well as Waterloo Road which is the same sort of thing

Am just watching Soccer AM with the familia - I love it when they do the Mancunians and they certainly play a good sound track to the show

Bones for me. I am a fan of the books and so the show had to grow on me, but it did.

I once passed David Borianes on Shaftesbury Avenue looking very "Angel".

Steph - your son is only a few weeks old! He cant insist on anything yet - apart from "Feed me" and "Clean me" and "Yellow isnt really my colour Mum, I prefer aquamarine". Rap him in swaddling clothes, lay him in a manger and snuggle down infront of the telly with a bottle of wine and the baby-listening-device beside you on the sofa. - until late.

What was I saying about the Wire

Half way through series 2 tonight - it's 11 PM and winding down after a very lovely weekend - and JUST before the end of the episode one of the few truly decent human beings goes and gets deaded

I am now ending the weekend on a major bummer

(whilst still thinking I've just watched 2 hours of the best drama ever)