Forum Sponsors

All Round Renovation
xxxx
www.inshutters.co.uk

Glazer Delmar

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
messagePolymyalgia - any experiences?
Posted by Sue February 21, 01:49PM

It never rains etc etc.

I've just been put on steroids for what is almost certainly polymyalgia (If they get rid of the pain, it is), and I'm wondering if anybody has any experience of this they would be happy to share with me, either on here or via PM?

I've done a lot of googling and I'm quite concerned about the potential side effects of the steroids sad smiley however I couldn't continue as I was as the pain was preventing me doing things, so steroids were basically the lesser of two evils sad smiley

messageRe: Polymyalgia - any experiences?
Posted by siousxiesue February 21, 02:54PM

Golden Paste? Check first, I'm a member of Turmeric Users uk on Facebook, take a look

Posted by Sue February 21, 04:12PM

siousxiesue Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Golden Paste? Check first, I'm a member of
> Turmeric Users uk on Facebook, take a look

I was already taking turmeric capsules when I went down with it sad smiley

Posted by peckham_ryu February 24, 11:19PM

Ouch sorry to hear it. My mum has suffered with it. The good thing is, once it got under under control the steroids were phased out. Occasionally, flare ups happen and meds are needed again. Itís like all things, it needs treatment and the treatment has effects, but those effects beat being in agony.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum