Birthday place to eat

mary123

Nanban in Brixton is my current obsession, and I reckon it?d be pretty good for a birthday party.

ETA - though only if you?re as fixated by ramen as I am. There?s many great restaurants in those areas you mention. What sort of price/style are you after? How many people?

If it's cheap eats you're after, I like Yadas, FM Mangal, Honest Burger, Dulwich Tandoori, Napura. Made of Dough, Theos, or 400 Rabbits for pizza. Maybe the new Japanese in ED is worth checking out too.

A bit further up on the price scale, Forza Win, Camberwell Arms, Coal Rooms, Kudu, Peckham Bazaar, Begging Bowl, Pedler all excellent...

mary123 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks guys..i have looked online and in person a

> couple of your suggestions..alot of them have a 90

> minute limit on tables

Which ones? I can understand that if you're paying ?20 each for a pizza and a couple of drinks, but seem outrageous if you're paying for something a bit nicer.

Yes I suppose it is the places that are more reasonable price and are popular that cram people into 90 minutes sessions..ok if r local but if travelled into London and have to rush off after 90 minutes then abit annoying..i suppose that's restuarant reality

I just had Sunday lunch at The Clink Brixton Prison and would highly recommend it. Lovely food, good service and very reasonable - ?30 for 3 courses. And you will be supporting a fantastic charity trying to reduce reoffending. Booking and security checks are necessary

Seabag Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> These ?where to eat? questions invariably end up

> with someone saying ?Wetherspoons? and the op

> probably eating a ready meal at home on the sofa,

> whilst watching ?The Voice?.

Haha. Truth!

Thank you for the recommendations? We ended up checking out Thai green parrot..Herne hill, fm mangal Camberwell and Yadas in Peckham..all really good..look forward to eating my way round to the rest of your suggestions.