Forum Sponsors

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com
xxxx
www.clintonmckenzie.com

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
messagetalk about Alzheimer's
Posted by lavender27 February 28, 01:37PM

Absent of mind, went into kitchen to make hot drink, stood there for ages, put the washing machine on instead of kettle, waited ages for it to boil, on last spin realised kettle wasn't plugged in. Alzheimer's is contagious, you'll see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was february 28, 01:38pm by lavender27.

messageRe: talk about Alzheimer's
Posted by womanofdulwich February 28, 01:59PM

That sounds like normal pregnant behaviour to me!

Posted by lavender27 February 28, 02:37PM

womanofdulwich Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That sounds like normal pregnant behaviour to me!

I didn't say I was pregnant, I am not pregnant.

Posted by Sue February 28, 03:04PM

lavender27 Wrote:
> womanofdulwich Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > That sounds like normal pregnant behaviour to
> me!
>
> I didn't say I was pregnant, I am not pregnant.

Womanofdulwich didn't suggest that you were ...... smiling smiley

Posted by JohnL February 28, 03:16PM

I'm scatterbrained too

Need to double check everything before I go out - walk into rooms and can't remember why I'm there - but been like that all my life smiling smiley

Posted by lavender27 February 28, 08:08PM

Sue Wrote:
> lavender27 Wrote:
> -----
> > womanofdulwich Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > That sounds like normal pregnant behaviour to
> > me!
> >
> > I didn't say I was pregnant, I am not pregnant.
>
>
> Womanofdulwich didn't suggest that you were ......
> smiling smiley

Yes she did, why would she refer to it as pregnant behaviour.

Posted by tasha1 February 28, 08:16PM

My mother has Alzheimer's. It's an awful awful disease and not something to be made light of.

Posted by tasha1 February 28, 08:56PM

Apologies for my previous post. I clinked on the link in the hope it was going to be something really helpful.

Posted by IlonaM February 28, 09:31PM

Lavender, there's lots of good information and advice out there if you are concerned (Alzheimers Society etc.). The BBC Horizon series did a very good documentary on Alzheimers which is available on YouTube and the Mayo Clinic has interesting information on research (https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/alzheimers-disease/in-depth/alzheimers-treatments/art-20047780).

It is more likely that you were feeing tired after a busy day. We all forget why we have gone into the kitchen/upstairs etc. I'm always doing it.

Posted by Penguin68 February 28, 10:32PM

There are numbers of causative factors which might lead to apparent confusion and lapses of memory other than dementia (Alzheimer's and vascular dementia are the most common, but not the only 'senile dementia diseases'). These include some forms of depression, responses to acute or chronic pain, as well as, and probably most commonly 'having a lot on your mind' - i.e. simple distraction and, as above, forms of tiredness and exhaustion. Dementia is not contagious (some forms may be genetic however) - but I have noted that aberrant behaviours can be copied, possibly unconsciously. If these behaviours become annoyingly habitual it is worthwhile seeking professional help, but the very fact that they are being noticed by you at all is probably a good sign. 'Forgetting things' (names, why you walked upstairs) may be annoying but it is very often a sign-post to nothing important at all.

Posted by M'Fakazi March 01, 01:45AM

Hmm, looked after my Father for the last year of his life, he had the dreaded Alzheimers. If nothing else, it taught me one thing, viz, I will not be going there. First signs and I'm off.

--------------------
Strange, is it not,
That of those who travel the doors of darkness through,
Not one returns to tell us of the way,
Which to discover, we must travel too.

Posted by lavender27 March 01, 02:00AM

FIGS, thanks all, my own dear old mother went through Alzheimers, I know all about it, but never enough,thanks east Dulwich she had a big family, and was one of the first ladies to do something but I cannot remember what it was.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum