Forum Sponsors

www.clintonmckenzie.com
xxxx
www.inshutters.co.uk

All Round Renovation

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
messageVinyl floorng in bathroom
Posted by malumbu March 10, 06:51PM

Now I've got my Brexit rant out of the way onto more mundane things.

I'm on my hands and knees removing some marmoleum. It was a great idea when we had it professionally laid but now long past its sell by date. The ply I put down will come up a treat once I have scraped off the glue and made good.

Planning to put down some old school vinyl which will be cheap and functional and can be easily replaced if we want to upgrade to something more trendy and contemporary. Found out that it is so out of fashion that it is not stocked widely any more. I've used LVT which is great, but not going to do that here.

Anyone views or recommendations and experience they want to share? I expect that I'm looking to small cheaper carpet shops as this is too low taste for the upmarket places. Place in Catford does the stuff for clinics and places where sanitation is important but don't need industrial scale. Mot doing Kardean or similar, or doing wood effect.

messageRe: Vinyl floorng in bathroom
Posted by Renata Hamvas March 11, 08:53AM

Hi, try Nunhead Carpets, next to Beaumont the greengrocers on Evelina Rd in Nunhead.
Renata

Posted by KidKruger March 11, 11:38AM

PM me what size you need, i have an unused roll of lino i was gonna lay for my kiychen but missus chose something else instead. Heavy duty, kind of a copper effect.

Posted by Seabag March 11, 03:12PM

Uh-Oh!

Floor covering shop alert 🚨

Posted by malumbu March 15, 12:38PM

Thanks all, Carpetright the OKR stocks a reasonable selection and we are going for that - cheers for the offers of rolls of lino. Then the question is to glue (spray adhesive) or to double side tape.... I hope that this thread is a bit of light relief following everything else going on.... Although not exactly getting a lot of interest.

Posted by KidKruger March 15, 03:14PM

Just glue it, Amazon has some decent products.

Posted by Sue March 15, 07:51PM

malumbu Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------ I hope that this thread is a bit of
> light relief following everything else going
> on.... Although not exactly getting a lot of interest.

I can't think why not. It's an absolutely riveting topic big grin

Posted by Seabag March 17, 10:14AM

Great thread. I’m going to say ‘glue it’

I hope that helps

Posted by Sue March 17, 09:05PM

I'm going to say double sided tape it, to add a bit of controversy smiling smiley

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum