sainsburys king Edwards potatoes.

snoopy17

Outrageously, sainsburys have halved the bag size of the king Edwards potatoes, but they are still claiming they are 2kg. And they are still the same price.

They are no way near 2kg, one bag use to overfill my saucepan, now the bag I brought on Thursday doesn't even fill half the pot. It's outrageous they are now false advertising.

you can buy them in Nunhead. You need a better local high street. Nunhead has an excellent independent supermarket, Ayers bakery, Sopers fish, a proper greengrocer, a proper butcher, a post office, a chemist/hardware shop, a bike repair shop and a great coffee shop. Why go anywhere else?

snoopy17 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You can't buy king Edwards in the local high

> street.

Get a veg box, seasonal and fresh. The one I get has different potato types in the general box and they always taste amazing. I hardly ever buy veg from Sainsbury?s. I like their organic meat and some things in the vegan range for my partner are really good. The veg isn?t that great, with the exception of tomatoes and herbs.

DuncanW Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Why don't you weigh a bag in store, and if it is

> under 2KG, complain in the store?

^^^

This.

Grow yer own :))

You can grow potatoes in bags. Seed potatoes are available at the moment. Go for it!

Herne Hill Market on a Sunday is great - pity one caan't have something in ED.

Veg box local greens in Herne Hill then there is Abel and Cole and Riverford - latter use not to be as flexible and if all else fails, or not your bag, peckham and Brixton Markets.

We really are spoilt for choice..

The usual sanctimonious rubbish. Most people use the supermarket sometimes. Try carrying a whole weeks shopping for a family of four down Nunhead Lane!

The key is to use a mix of local shops/markets when you can on the weekends (especially meat, fish, bakery and speciality shops) and supermarket (or delivery) for the bulk.

Seriously there's loads of conversations online about weights getting less and prices remaining the same - but not many about weights being mislabelled - wonder if they've reduced to 1.2 Kg and mislabelled. Note: All Sainsbury's stuff says you can return if not satisfied.

https://conversation.which.co.uk/food-drink/shrinking-products-supermarket-pack-sizes-prices-stay-same/