> off. Walk over to Peckham. I was in Catford

> today, that can give ED a run for its money and is

> much cheaper too.

Hmmm... ED.... Catford...

Sorry - no comparison.

I guess there are similarities between East Dulwich and Catford

Catford has a huge cat above the shopping centre and we have a Dog Kennel Hill

Catford has a one way system and we have a one way road at Champion Hill

Catford has a McDonalds and we have two Japanese, two Thai, a fish restaurant and GBK

Catford has people from Catford and we ..... don't

Yep pretty similar in my honest opinion but I would rather shop here and local than go to Catford

Better pubs in Catford, although getting a little pretentious there so more in common than you think. And flowers, veg and no doubt many other groceries much cheaper. I could always do a run there and set up a stall in North Cross Road, so you don't have to venture out of your comfort zone. Send me your orders for the weekend.

The same applies to beer and all stuff you can buy in supermarkets. Supermarkets have buying power to demand from producers/providers bulk items at cheaper rates. Small business don't. So of course supermarkets will be cheaper. But you all knew all that.

You also have to realise that the councils have had their budgets cut by central government by massive percentages and thus the shops have to put their prices up to us accordingly, because the business rates have gone up.

But you all knew that, too.

Slough Borough Council topped the TPA list of ?highest remunerated? bosses, with interim chief executive Robert Parkin receiving a payment of ?595,077 before leaving the position in December 2017.

Wirral Council was second on the list, with a managing director for delivery receiving a payment of ?569,423.

Southwark possibly better at hiding top boss salaries. ?194,000 sounds low for top bosses.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/thousands-of-council-workers-are-being-paid-over-?100000-report/ar-BBVKeKi?ocid=spartandhp

Lewisham Chief Exec ?185,000, darn't think what the LB Lewisham Mayor earns?

These figures are absolutely obscene for public sector salaries. The PM earns far less with much greater responsibilities.

You now know where you council tax goes and one of the reasons for it's systematic annual increases, We pay more and get less each year while council management get significantly more and do less.

I'm not clicking on a Daily Brexit link but that seems a reasonable salary for the head of a council. Some of the others listed here don't though.

uncleglen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6900619/C

> ouncil-fat-cat-earns-nearly-FOUR-TIMES-Prime-Minis

> ter-600k-salary.html

> The southwark chief exec is on about ?194,000

> basic full-time equivalent salary

They get the market rates. If you want a rant pick on footballers. Or those who made money out of Brexit, recessions etc. Far better targets working for merchant banks, reinsurance, tax avoidance etc. If you aren't happy with your local politicians then get politically active. It's democracy, not perfect, but democracy. Chief Exec at Lewisham gets paid less as everything is much cheaper in Lewisham.

A lot of Council CEs have taken a pay cut. I don't think the average salary for these posts is wrong. Certainly some of the pay packages in academia need to be looked at. It's the pay of those further down the pay scales in the public sector and the sometimes gross differentials with those who are higher paid that is the growing problem.