Anti-social Perfume

Seabag

I?m hoping this is just a one-off Seven Oaks thing, but today I had an 80?s perfume flashback.

We went to a restaurant, it was Mother?s Day so all the Mum?s were rightly being taken care of. However, there was one lady who just as I started on my prawn cocktail, came in with her family and sat down close to our table.

I took one mouthful and then it hit me. The waft of perfume from the new people next to us, which I recognised straight away as Georgio Beverley Hills. That stuff was banned in cinemas, restaurants and god knows where else and for good reason. It?s bloody awful.

To top it all the lady went of to powder her nose, taking her huge handbag with her and returned in an even greater cloud of the guffing stuff she bought in previously. So I moved seat, but the toxic cloud had got the better of me and far away wasn?t far enough, so we skipped dessert and spilt from the restaurant.

I did mention it to the manager, who drily said ?Oh that stuff, Drag Queens in the 90?s used to wear that?

I?m advocating a renewed ban on such things, along with Jeyes Fluid at Seven Oaks station (Seven Oaks has a lot to answer for IMHO)

I hope I have your support.

Oh dear, I think I must have over-sprayed my Opium perfume today. It was one of my dear Mum's favourites and I wear it a lot in memory of her, especially on Mother's Day.

Was in a restaurant today and there was nobody on either side so it was lovely.

Bring back the 70s/80s/90s/ perfumes!

Passiflora Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> Bring back the 70s/80s/90s/ perfumes!

Please don't!

Especially not bloody Poison (if that was of those eras).

I make an exception for Ivoire, which I was quite fond of :)

I used to use Patchouli Oil back in the 70's which one of my workmates took exception to.

"Young Man there is a strange smell that sees to follow you around" this guy used to say.

I also broke a small bottle of Patchouli Oil in my car.

The Police on more than one occassion spent some considerable amount time serching my car when they stopped me.

DulwichFox.

Perfume is a huge issue for those of us with lung problems; I am also allergic to it on my skin. Massive wheals quickly appear. I sometimes have to move away from people on a bus who have been too liberal with it (after shave too!) and only on a few occasions when they've given me a dirty look I have had to say why.