Has anyone use London city airport?

AnnieT

Hi there,

Does anyone regularly use London City airport? I only have tried to once and the flight was cancelled due to fog. It was an early morning flight... I?m wondering whether to chance it and fly back to city airport from Zurich in Wednesday afternoon...

If anyone flies regularly can let me know that would be great! Other option is Heathrow but it?s so far from a Dulwich.

Thanks!

I've done Zurich from LCY too. I think LCY is also a lovely little airport and would use it more often if more flights from it went to where I want to go and the prices were a bit lower too. The BA flights do free food as well - I think the only BA short haul flights that do so now.

Really convenient but more affected by the weather. Have had one flight cancelled (fog, all airports affected in the SE), and poorly handled by Flybe. On longish delay - oh Flybe again. And one where I had to get shifted to Stansted. Others fine, and very short check in times.

City gets slightly more affected by weather (fog / smog) than most of the other "London" airports due to the river and the nearby buildings. That said, it's a lovely little airport, nice and small, easy and quick to get through security and baggage. Baggage is brilliant there because the vast majority of people flying to & from there are business-people so usually only a carry-on briefcase, it means very little queuing at baggage reclaim!

Has anyone flown to Jersey from City Airport? How long did it take and are the seats comfortable? I am on the 'larger size' and find my knees are pressed into the seat in front.

Flight time is about 75 minutes and seat size is a function of the plane, not the aiport! Go for the emergency exit seats or Row 1, they have more legroom. Flybe use Embraer 175 and 195 on the City - Jersey route.

have flown from Gatwick to Poland but found it extremely busy and can get confusing at times when they change gates at last minute. Since Jersey is only a short hop thought it might be easier to go from. We tend to bus it to East Croydon then get train.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Hello, I'm looking for an entertainer for my 9 year old son's birthday party. Looking for someone who can organise some games for the kids as my son and his friends are quite active. Regards, Sue
    • My son’s primary school hatched duck eggs, probably under this scheme around 12 years ago.  We were all very upset to hear that 2 of the (5 year old) boys had knocked the incubator over & all eggs smashed.   feeling a lot less sad about that now!  
    • What would I do about cyclists?  The failed Tory manfesto commitment to train all kids was an excellent proposal.  Public information campaigns aimed at all road users, rather than singling some out, to more considerately share the road, as TfL have done, is welcome too. As for crunching vehicles.  I'd extend this to illegal ebikes, illegal e-scoooters (I think some local authorities have done this with the latter) but before that I would (a) legislate that the delivery companies move away from zero hours contracts to permanent employees and take responsibility for their training, vehicles and behaviour on the road.   More expensive takeaways are a price worth paying for safer roads and proper terms and conditions (b) legislate to register all illegal e-bikes and scooters so that when they are found on the road the retailer takes a hit, and clamp down on any grey markets.  If you buy an e scooter say from Halfords this comes with a disclaimer that it can only be used on private land with the owner's permission.
    • I know a lot of experts in the field and getting a franchise was a license to print money, that is why Virgin were so happy to spend lots of dosh challenging government ten years ago when they lost the West Coast franchise.  This will not be overnight, rather than when the franchise has come to the end. Government had previously taking over the operator of last resort when some TOCs screwed up. Good, at last some clear blue water between the parties.  Tories said they were going to do a halfway house, but I've not noticed.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_British_Railways   : "On 19 October 2022, Transport Secretary Anne-Marie Trevelyan announced that the Transport Bill which would have set up GBR would not go ahead in the current parliamentary session.[15] In February 2023, Transport Secretary Mark Harper re-affirmed the government's commitment to GBR and rail reform.[16] The 2023 King's speech announced the progression of a draft Rail Reform Bill which would enable the establishment of GBR, although it has not been timetabled in the Parliamentary programme.[5] The Transport Secretary Mark Harper later told the Transport Select Committee that the legislation was unlikely to reach Royal Assent within the 2023-2024 parliamentary session.[17]"
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In