Sainsburys

snoopy17

whats going on with Sainsburys, thinking they are so posh, they now have posh shelfs and a new huge make up section which looked like they copied superdrug.

what I feel is extremely obnoxious of them is they now have all the expensive branded shower gels and shampoo together, but the cheaper versions of these items like soap and bath stuff are dumped in what use to be the toothpaste section. It took me 20 minutes to find a bar of soap.

snoopy17 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> whats going on with Sainsburys, thinking they are

> so posh, they now have posh shelfs and a new huge

> make up section which looked like they copied

> superdrug.

>

> what I feel is extremely obnoxious of them is they

> now have all the expensive branded shower gels and

> shampoo together, but the cheaper versions of

> these items like soap and bath stuff are dumped in

> what use to be the toothpaste section.

It took me 20 minutes to find a bar of soap.

That's very true. I too had trouble finding bars of soap. Very limited selection.

I was in Sainsbury's yesterday. It took me almost as long to find a member of staff on the shop floor

when I needed assistance.

DulwichFox

Simple solution

Shop on lordship lane where (currently) parking is free on the side streets, fruit & veg in the independents is good quality and wide ranging, you can get good quality meat, fish and cheese and soap is easy to find in the right shops !

Most of all you will be spending your pound in mostly independent shops not chains

Win win

I sent my 11 yr old to find some hand soap on Sunday whilst in Sainsbury?s as first time there since refurb and he came back to say the only one he could find was ?16.. (we did not buy, I eventually found the old toothpaste section).

The basket self-checkout has become very efficient. You?ll find out why that is if you use the trolley self-checkout: half the people using it have baskets, but can?t be bothered to walk back down to the end. Look basket shoppers, just shove off to your own queue would you? Grr.