Shop that will give sensible advice on new mobile?

east-of-the-Rye

I need to replace my mobile and could just go to PC World but suspect that the staff won't want to listen to what I'm looking for. (few pre-loaded apps, long battery life, not likely to use for games etc.) any recommendations for a shop with helpful staff? or even a mobile with the attributes above?

There is so much choice of phone. Best to work out your price range, if you want a contract or not and what you want it to do. Some have better cameras etc...Then, go to a few phone shops and see what they suggest...and then see which you prefer

I was in the carphone warehouse shop on Rye Lane on Saturday and was pretty impressed with the advice I got from one of the ladies (Clara). I have quite specific requirements and not only was she knowledgable about them but also pointed out other factors that I hadn't considered.

mima08 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I was in the carphone warehouse shop on Rye Lane

> on Saturday and was pretty impressed with the

> advice I got from one of the ladies (Clara). I

> have quite specific requirements and not only was

> she knowledgable about them but also pointed out

> other factors that I hadn't considered.

I second Carphone Warehouse I've found them to be consistantly good with advice to handsets, deals etc and more than once they've saved me making a costly mistake though they do give you the option to return the phone for another if that model doesn't quite work out for you within 14 days I think it is.