Bowel movements

lavender27

There are a lot if bowel movements on the pavements, please pick it up and put it in a bin provided on the roads. Before someone steps in it and brings it into your home/shop/public transport ect I could go on and on and on about this. Please be caring and responsible.

There have been so many threads on this over the years. I'm at a loss as to how it can be improved. My in laws come to visit from a Sussex town with high dog ownership, and they constantly remark at the shocking amount of dog poo on the ground in dulwich.

It's a public health hazard, and with so many young kids in the area as well, makes it double concerning given how they love to walk, run, put hands on ground, pick up rubbish off the floor etc

I always keep an eagle eye out for dog walkers in our street, ready to give them a gobful if they let their dog 'do the dirty' and don't pick it up....but they're crafty, and while the evidence is always on display, I never see the event occur....it's like we have an army of dog poo Bansky's in the area......

At last a thread that is really useful. It's important to monitor your bowel movements particularly later in life, and a great topic of conversation. Wait, not human ones? Dogs? How dull. Round may way less of a problem, and I expect it is the occasional dog owner as most seem to pick it up. Foxes more of an issue (squidgy)

Just arrived home to find a huge dollop of canine poo right in middle of pavement outside my drive. Huge! Must have been left between 6pm and 8pm so pretty brazen not to pick up in broad daylight. Have to say it's unusual to have dog poo left on our street though. We used to have a poo bin on a lamp post at end of street but it kept getting nicked and the council refused to replace it in the end... Weird.

This is just an idea to help: while walking along a rural back street I noticed a homemade sign on a tree asking dog owners to pick up their dog?s faeces. The sign was obviously made by children and was colourful and had a message that appealed to one?s humanity. I thought it was a good idea because it had a sense of community and asked dog owners to be caring rather than threatening them with fines. How effective I do not know, but I cannot see any harm in this approach to resolving the problem.

Nice idea though it is, I doubt it would have any effect. Those who allow their dogs to poo without picking up have little relationship with their environment or with the community and the message of the poster would be unlikely to register let alone acted upon.

nxjen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Nice idea though it is, I doubt it would have any

> effect. Those who allow their dogs to poo without

> picking up have little relationship with their

> environment or with the community and the message

> of the poster would be unlikely to register let

> alone acted upon.

I understand your sentiment but there is no harm in trying. And even though it may not resonate with the perpetrators it may give a sense of community to others. For example, even though I collect my dog's faeces reading such a sign showed me people do care about their community.