Golf + Car + x of us = Day out

SeanMacGabhann

Keef - you've rumbled my true rationale

Seriously tho it sounds like a few people are up for it but some of us could do with hitting a driving range for an evening first before we make fools of ourselves on a public course - So shall we pick a night for driving range practice, have a few cold drinks and then decide where and when to play properly

Think that is a fine idea Sean - you don't want a foursome of rusty players and rookies out on a public course. Quite aside from being hilariously embarrassing for all concerned and taking about 6 hours to get round (not my idea of fun) it will seriously piss off the propa golfing fraternity where slow play is on par with torturing children.

citizen

rugby is played by men with odd shaped balls.if you do go beckenham is the place great 18 hole course with a great club house that does decent food and more importantly adequate liquid refereshments of the abv sort. the last time i played there 2-3 yrs ago there was a bloke driving around the course in a small buggy selling drinks and snacks etc.

OK - I've had a few PMs on this subject as well so let's get down to business

As there are a few noobies I'm going to book a few lanes at the Croydon driving range so I need to know:

How many and what evening?

I am going to aim for Tues evening next week so please raise your hand or come up with a better suggestion

Mr Sean, I know I am a newbie but are the local golf clubs all elitest members only clubs then? I believe there are 2, Aquarius & oooooh I cant remember the other one???

I have never played, other than grazy golf & pitch & putt but the Mrs likes a round or two so may be interested once she arrives from Oz mid June.

Cheers GG

Hey GG

I have played the Dulwich & Sydenham one (the one in the woods) - non members can pay and play during weekdays. Bit pricey and not very long or challengin but nice views across London

A few other posters have mentions other municipal coursel in Brockley/Beckenham way I think (I'll be relying on a lift in that case)

Your poor Mrs won't know what hit here when she arrives you have so much planned for her!